December 2022

I said it in Announcements, but I’ll say it here too: the SkeinLink yarn DB is now searchable! :tada: I also made a bunch of other nice changes today, so check out the announcement or just browse around. New links at the top of the forum to get to your stash and DB, too!

5 Likes

Maybe you can do a round robin routine. Pick up one in the morning, one in the afternoon, the third tomorrow morning….

Treat yourself to a new small project tomorrow afternoon if you worked on all three?

I want to make a wall hanging for a school teacher friend of mine…. I should get started on that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How’s everyone doing on their getting ready for Christmas tasks? Got all your gifts made or bought? Got your decorations up?

I’ve got all the decorating done. I even found some plain gold stocking hangers to put on the mantel with my old gold snowflakes ones. With a SIL and grandson added to the bunch, we have more stockings. I got all my presents wrapped but not under the tree! I have to keep them piled up in my office because my family likes the presents “appearing” on Christmas morning.

Now I’m starting to get food prepared so I don’t have to cook while my company is here. Today I made rye bread dough in the bread machine. I’m going to try freezing the dough then thawing and baking. One bread machine making one loaf is not enough when company is here. We like to eat organic bread and you can’t find organic bakery bread. I also made some cinnamon rolls and froze them presliced so they can just go in the pan, thaw and bake.

My craft room is ready for painting! Hubby cut into the wall and hid the wires for my tv. It’s now patched and primed.

5 Likes

here’s a picture taken today - looks like we may have a white Christmas since the temperature is -13C there’s little chance of the snow melting - it looks pretty now, but my husband has had to use the snowblower, sometimes twice a day to clear out the snow

4 Likes

I love your decorations. It is so happy and festive for your family!

1 Like

It is about 30F/-1C here around my home. The garden is sleeping under a layer of frosty leaves. Here you see the rows of onions and far against the fence is my white lily plant. The other parts of the garden look wet and cold, but the winter veggies are growing nicely.

@sheiskanen Your home looks cozy and warm. Is that driveway as steep as it looks?
@lovestostitch We have some decorations up inside. Might not put any up outside. The weather was horrible and prevented outside work for a few weekends in a row.

2 Likes

Beautiful! I wish we would have snow like that for my grandson’s Christmas visit.

2 Likes

The only decorations I do outside are what I put on the porch. I took advantage of a nice day to gather the greens and wire them on to make the gnome. My chair sits there all year. I just change the pillow cover. I love seasonal pillow covers! My black coach lantern has a lot of sentimental value. My dad made it for me years ago. He passed away five years ago. I love having the things he made for me as they bring such nice memories.

5 Likes

thanks :slight_smile: - here is a picture from last year, when my husband did not clear all of the yard, but collected the snow in the middle of the yard - this one is taken from the road to our house and the entrance is steeper than it looks and needs a lot of sanding when it gets icy - the carport is behind the hedge on the right - the other picture was taken from the opposite direction and there my husband has cleared all the way to where we keep our firewood - it’s a lot of work for him to clear the whole yard compared to last year when he only cleared the way from the carport to the road - last year all of our firewood was stored behind the carport, but this year we stocked up and got a tent for them on the other side of our yard - this year we felt it necessary to prepare to additionally warm our house with the fireplace - the way to the firewood storage is only a little steep

6 Likes

Wow. That is a lot of work. So beautiful.

2 Likes

Just looked out and saw some snow flurries. Checked our weather forecast and we have snow and coooold weather coming. I’m hoping for a white Christmas!

2 Likes

Following @Char 's advice and working on my Wip projects a little at a time. I am securing and sewing in the ends of the granny squares i purchased last week.
What are you guys up to this week? Other than…up to your knees in snow. Lol.

6 Likes

I’ve had a rough few days work wise. I have not been crafting much, but starting to get pieces together to make an elephant quilt and a wall hanging quilt for a friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought this was a post from Allison when I saw the embroidered towel. It’s so cute.

1 Like

My craft room makeover has begun! I still don’t know what I’m going to do about cabinets. I saw some nice pieces at Ikea online but they have been out of stock for over a month and since they are probably coming from China, who knows if they will ever get back in stock.

Sophie doesn’t know what to do with herself because her bed got moved out. :slight_smile:

While hubby was painting, I was bagging up hats and headbands from my charity box. I saw a Facebook post asking for hats, etc. to be dropped off at our police station. They are going to a charity in Chicago. Nice to get my box emptied.

6 Likes

We drew names for Christmas gift giving this year, and after thinking a bit, I remembered Allison working on the towels.

Her beautiful work inspired me to break out my thread and buy a pattern.
Hoping the receiver likes this. It is an apron. And I may put other designs on it. I have to hurry and decide.

4 Likes

I love aprons! I started wearing one when I started listening to audiobooks with plugged in headphones. I carried my phone in the apron pocket. Then I realized it kept my clothes clean while cooking and drier when washing pots and pans so now I wear one all the time.

4 Likes

I just finished a little kit I had as a Vine review at Amazon; I’m hoping I get offered more kits by this creator, I loved it.

7 Likes

I washed the final one today, so I will have to press and get caught up on pictures. Two of my sisters already opened theirs and they loved them.

4 Likes

I posted this over in the Charity thread and am also going to post it here to see if anyone can help me:

I tried to start a new topic in the charity section to ask my question but the site wouldn’t let me so I’m going to ask it here :grin:
I want to make some items (mostly hats) next year to donate. I have some 100% Alpaca, 100% non-superwash and wool/nylon blend yarns. I know Hats for Sailors only takes hats made from 100% superwash wool but does anyone know of any places that will take donations made with the fiber I listed above? I went to PineRidge’s website but couldn’t see if they had special fiber requirements. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough. I would like to put this yarn to good use! Thanks for any help/direction you can give me :blush:

1 Like