August 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts Only - NO CHAT Posts

This looks like a great place to knit and the socks look great.

After doing almost nothing but eating, sleeping, and knitting for about 36 hours, I finished the second ugly sock! I really do love them, they came out so pretty! I will have to try to get a picture in the sunlight tomorrow so you can see better how pretty they are. The picture of the first sock is much more true to the real colors, this one came out terribly. I finished sewing the last end in just before midnight my time, but it took a bit to get things cleared up to where I could take the picture. If it’s too late for the entries, that’s fine, but I definitely wanted to share the finished Ugly Duckling socks!

Ugly Duckling Socks Finished 31 Aug 21.jpg

And the entry for the Ugly Duckling pattern and the ugly and contrasting yarn I used to create them.

Ugly DUckling Yarn.jpg

Ugly Duckling Socks Finished 31 Aug 21.jpg

Love how they turned out!

Congratulations @PurlgirlButtons ! You are the winner of this month’s prize. Please PM your address to me.

A7EDF396-D6BF-467E-B4C0-FAEB5882BE09.jpeg

Congrats @PurlgirlButtons!

I missed your post before, these are great!

Congratulations @PurlgirlButtons!

Wow! Thank You. I was so busy yesterday inventorying my stash, I didn’t see this! Thank you so much. I hope to do you all proud by using it instead of letting it sit there for another 5 years like most of my stash! :slight_smile:
PS: Just purchased used copies of One-skein -Wonders and One-Skein Wonders for Babies. I should probably purchase the One-skein-Sock Wonders book, too!!!

I’ve been working on designing this “dragon scale” lace for my daughter-in-law’s birthday present for the past week, but I purposely didn’t start work on knitting them until after midnight on the 1st. Can I just say how much I LOVE making socks for my friends and family members with tiny feet? I couldn’t finish a sock for my massive clodhoppers in 48 hours if I did nothing else, but a size 6 ankle sock, I can manage, and still have time to eat and sleep! :joy:
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:107302}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:107303}[/ATTACH]

I wish I had friends with tiny feet … sigh

Pretty pattern! It is nice to breeze through a pair.

Yeah i don’t have anyone knitworthy who has tiny feet anymore. Even my granddaughter now wears a size 8 shoe! Although honestly, making her size 8s does seem a breeze compared to men’s size 13-15 that are required for hubby, son, youngest daughter and 3 of the 5 grandsons!
But anyway… those came out so pretty! It’s fun to see how fast and hard you have fallen down the sock knitting rabbit hole. :wink:

@KnitsWithHorses I take a size 8 and consider it small… no one else in the family has feet as small. Growing up I thought they were big because my sister to a size 5 or 6!!

My sister is a size 7 and I’m a size 10 so i know how you feel. Lol My mom had size 5 ft, was 5’2 (and shorter than that after a couple of back surgeries) and I’m the shortest of her 6 children at 5’6. :laughing: The boys were all over 6’.

My siblings and children are all tall with big feet (my sister is the shortest in our family at 5’9" and my middle brother is the tallest at 6’3") but my oldest brother and my oldest son both married short women with tiny feet, so I love making socks for them! :smile: I am having SO much fun with my sock-making journey! Next, I need to tackle colorwork in socks! :astonished:

I LOVE colorwork but in socks i have to be extra careful of my tension or they don’t have enough stretch.

Those are pretty, whether you’re going to a weeding or a wedding! :heart::grin:

Oops! Fixed - you two are funny :joy::rofl::joy:

@KnitsWithHorses - I have the same problem with colorwork. I have a cute pair but I have to really work it to get them on.