August 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts Only - NO CHAT Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Sock KAL Chat thread.

We have a prize drawing at the end of each month. The prize winner is selected by random number generator and each entry is a chance to win the prize. You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a seperate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• Picture of the first finished sock (or two through the heels). Any socks started this month count.
  • Picture of a completed pair. Any socks completed this month count. Socks started before the beginning of the month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses the featured color. [/LIST] Our theme this month is: Creative ways to disguise "ugly" yarn.

Color: The ugliest yarn in your stash. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder so you choose which one you think is ugly.

Our prize this month is a skein of Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury sock yarn.

0F8960A9-8031-4FF4-BC80-B167669043D6.jpeg

• Finished through the heels. Yarn is KP Stroll Glimmer Bare, simple pattern. I wanted something special to wear at a wedding we are attending this weekend.

589901A7-F340-48A0-9C7D-07E5D6DCC6AE.jpeg

If you want to attend another “weeding,” my garden could use it. :wink:

And……. Finished!

2260C1ED-9A52-447C-98F9-65E2800A74AA.jpeg

Very Nice! I hope you have a great day!
    I have never used the stroll glimmer. I do have some stellina type fiber blend with some regular fiber for sparkle. Someday…

My completed Dragon Scale Lace socks. Since they are for my daughter-in-law’s birthday present, I let her choose the colors she wanted, so no ugly yarn here!

Lynnettes Dragon Scale Socks 1 7 Aug 21.jpg

Lynnettes Dragon Scale Socks 2 7 Aug 21.jpg

These are so cute, I love the color combo!

Would you please cut and paste this into a comment instead of a post.

Very pretty!

I love the stitch pattern.

I just completed two socks through the heels. A bad photo. I think this is my ugly color for the month. A plain vanilla summer shorty pair.

2AE40D17-6547-424F-9906-7FB0E6533C09.jpeg

I got one pair through the heels. This is the pair that I started this month. The unblocked lace looks so messy in the photo, plus I had to take it in my car. I’m not making these very tall so I should finish them soon.

IMG_20210818_100943__01.jpg

Looks like you have a very pretty bag underneath … just peaking out from under the socks :slight_smile: The socks are looking good too, unblocked lace and all. :slight_smile:

They look pretty even unblocked. Do you block your socks? I never have. Even with lace socks, I just smooth them out and hang them to dry on my Pressa. The Pressa is an octopus with arms and clips from Ikea. Best $5.00 piece of equipment.

I’ll have to look that up. Never heard of a Pressa. I just put them on sock blockers and spritz them. I don’t even do that all the time. Feet are pretty good sock blockers too. Lol

Ooh, love that blue! @lovestostitch, I had to look up the Pressa being the IKEA fan that I am. That looks like a neat space saver on sock-washing day!

That Pressa would really come in handy! We live in an RV and I have a little hand crank, off-grid washer for our undergarments and light weight stuff so that would be perfect to have here!

@PurlgirlButtons and @KnitsWithHorses - every house and RV needs a Pressa! I have one that I hang in my closet and I have one for our RV. On nice days in the RV, I hang it outside on the awning arm and hang things like dish and hand towels to dry. We turned the bunk room in our RV into a storage/pantry. Hubby installed a closet rod in there and I normally hang the Pressa in there.

One tip - it doesn’t fit on the wood rod hubby put in the RV. The rod is too big. It fits on the rod in my closet that is one of those wire systems - Closet Maid maybe. In the RV, I put a plastic snap type shower curtain ring on the closet rod. I can then hang my Pressa on the shower ring.

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up. I will probably get a couple of them because it really is perfect for my lifestyle and I’ll probably use it outside most of the time but I’ll have to be able to use it inside in bad weather so I appreciate the tip.

I guess I forgot to post these in the Finished Thread.
    TAH DAH! I even won my yarn chicken! (sort of) I have another ball to make a second pair, maybe not so crazy as these.

CC4AB708-AA84-4B6D-8483-8AEA046A5F12.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG