August 2020 Chatter

Ooo thank you ladies! I will check that link out @shrikewoman.

Good evening all. I spent most of my day (aside from one client call) working on washing, organizing, and methodically folding fabric. All of my yardage is getting folded similar to a bolt then folded in half. The smaller portions of yards are getting folded into consistent-ish squares. The patches are getting organized by size. I think my mask making will go much better when I am better organized. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, my brother is running for State Rep in Michigan. We’ve all been on pins and needles waiting for the results.

Hope you all had a wonderful day! Stay safe!!!

You really are a saint and I do agree, things go better when organized. I’m watching MI right along with you!

Oooo how exciting!!

Today I processed 5 quarts of diced tomatoes and 3 pints of cooked down sauce.

I picked this monster today. All of my Italian Heirlooms are nice and big and they are great for canning because they are so meaty.

Now it’s time to wind some yarn so I can get started on my socks for the August KAL.

CECEBAB3-06E4-4920-AD1A-23DCAA5C9856.jpeg

EE9403D9-26D2-4A43-ADE4-9ED17FE93517.jpeg

Omg yummmmm! Have you ever made a tomato sandwich with them? White bread, mayo, tomato, salt and pepper. Its the only plant I would probably ever try to keep alive… to eat. Idk how heirlooms taste on their own. I think we get the beefeater tomatoes here.

Wow - that is a big one! Lots of hard work go into those canned tomatoes - well worth it though as they are so tasty!

Awesome that you are so organized. Sending warm wishes to your brother and your family.

Happy WIP Wednesday!

Share whatever you’re working on today!

Knitting, Crochet, Weaving, Spinning, Sewing, Gardening, Cooking, or whatever…

Everything looks delicious, and in summer I also love tomato sandwiches. I look forward to seeing what socks you are making.

Good luck to him!

What a wonderful stash of tomatoes you have!!

My WIP for the day is folding fabric. I’ll be much less stressed when it is done. :slight_smile:

72F3720C-03C9-434D-8E03-DE96A5004A59.jpeg

64A06FB7-F28B-4F3C-BFEB-9D19AFB02CE6.jpeg

E06C54CE-012F-413D-942B-475ACB142503.jpeg

Most of the non flower patterns came from a visit on Sunday. I picked out about 5 patterns for quarter yards for variety, and I walked out with a lot of usable (what she called) scraps. I picked 1 Star Wars, she pulled down four more. And that is how the day went.

What a great variety of colors and patterns.

Still trying to master Tunisian crochet!! Have so much fun with it.:fk:

DSC_0963-1.jpg

Wow! What a great variety!

You’re doing great! Your tension improves with each new picture.

This is looking good, is it a scarf?

Wow! I wish I could grow tomatoes! So far I’ve tried for the years and only gotten a few cherry tomatoes. I wish my mom was still around to teach me. She always grew nice ones. Enjoy the results of all your hard work!