August 2020 Chatter

These are going to be so beautiful. I am glad you are keeping us updated!!!

Hello my lovelies. I hope you are well. I needed some “happy” so here I am. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: You do not disappoint.

The State Gateway budget system has ghosts. I’m about to give up and try again in a couple weeks. Grrrr.

Ok - back to happy thoughts!

How are you guys doing?

@Snoogins I need to finish by end of this week. Actually I have already finished hat, mittens and hoodie. Still halfway through the west and just cast on a sweater.

@Kathy7661, @Char Thank you!

Yah - I spent the past couple hours at the sewing machine. :slight_smile:

I’ve been outside most of the day, just getting in now. Hopefully you’ve found your happy thoughts, had some chocolate and had a few minutes to sit for a break. You deserve it for sewing!

This is what radar says is happening here right now:

And here’s the view out my front door:

[video=youtube_share;F5VshfcwkIE]https://youtu.be/F5VshfcwkIE[/video]

20200803_201531.jpg

@pinesprairie - no chocolate … yet, but some bailey’s made it into my cup. LOL. My sewing … well, I’m just doing a zig zag around a large bag of “scraps” that I picked up yesterday. I think there may be … well, a lot and I’m not done yet.

I’m hoping it stays just like it is out your front door. But just in case, saying prayers for those who might be in it’s path.

It seems like barely a sprinkle? Maybe a light rain?

I don’t actually know all the much about entering things in museums… I have done that exactly once in my life, for a “Crafting Conservative” exhibit put together by Hinda Mandell for the Fuller Craft Museum, to balance out the more Liberal exhibits that are normally put on. Her website is here: http://www.omghinda.com/ and she does a lot of yarn bombing and things like that, so it’s a good place for ideas.

How are things this morning???

I hope your rain stays light. Our rain started much earlier than expected and much less expected.

Everything is fine this morning, there isn’t a twig or leaf out of place. Seventy-five mph winds my eye, after a hurricane tree debris is everywhere. I’m watching the news this morning and they’re saying there was widespread power loss while showing us pictures of places with their lights on. The media wanted a hurricane and briefly had one then lost it. They went on and on that it would become a hurricane again and reported that it did for five minutes before calling it a tropical storm again. What slays me is that the radar picture I posted is from our LOCAL station, who do they think they’re fooling? We know hurricanes in these parts.

@FreedomLover so glad to hear all is safe. The gloom and doom they project with the weather is unbelievable.

That was certainly true in this case. It makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgm3_jzcNm4

Lol!!

Sometimes when depression gets ahold of me I lose my mojo. But once I deal with the depression, the desire to make comes back. That happens far less frequently in recent years as live improved my nutrition exponentially and I’ve learned excellent coping techniques. 2020 is not making it easy though!! FiberKind has helped a lot with this years craziness.

I loved the books, though they were pretty… Intense. But I tried a couple of episodes of the show and it was just too explicit for me. Really well done as far as acting, production values etc but… I just don’t need to actually see some things, ya know?

It’s definitely quite graphic, but that’s the advantage of crafting at the same time, my eyes can be elsewhere. DH likes ancient and medieval times so I’ve done this through Vikings, Rome, Arthurian lore, etc. and he skips over some scenes.