A First Make-A-Long

Hi ILVLUCY, I added you to the list. :slight_smile:

Here’s the next pair of socks. Cast on the 12th. Finished the second sock today the 17th, @ around 3:00

00183c12d090a9f424d16b8be7d5b984jpg.jpg

31a8d9483eefe3fddc883c06af4d2850jpg.jpg

Wow! Love those colors!

Can you believe we’re half-way through our first MAL? That’s right where we are this week! Lots of changes and more learning as we moved to a new platform. I’m glad to see that many of you made it over here. How are your projects coming along?

I’ve had some unplanned fiber adventuring thanks to the lovely inspiration from everyone here. I saw the Kool-Aid dying thread that started on the other platform and dyed my first batch of yarn! I used Wilton food coloring and it didn’t come out the way I expected, but I had a lot fun learning something new. My kid has already requested I make her something from that yarn so it’s already found a loving recipient. I rediscovered a sock I’ve had on the needles for awhile and had forgotten about, so I joined the Sock KAL. My original project is a brioche neckwarmer for DH and I have been making progress with that too. I ran out of one color and the new wool came in the mail today so I’m back in business!

611eec0bfb1011fc2026c4ce00bed3a6jpg.jpg

ceb071e0051848c8e74a5caa97542121jpg.jpg

6ad298cd71f88d5c0eb8fd23c91dfa95jpg.jpg

f4574a9ceabb9bd2ed78be0a3656ea51jpg.jpg

So, I finished the shawl, but I believe I am going to take it back a couple inches. At the “top” I switched to a new ball and it is quite obvious. Apparently one yarn faded differently than the other one. The good news is the opposite end of the ball seems to be about the same color, so I’m simply going to work from that end.

I didn’t block it yet. What do you think - do I need to redo those couple inches?

Edit to add photo with better lighting.

621CAA83-079C-4770-B72D-447DAC130A25.jpeg

55591f37e314c7bde584a26126e0794cjpg.jpg

Update to the project. Was super busy this week, so have small progress.

IMG_20190718_211415.jpg

I’m in and agree to the rules. Not sure I can finish this project in time, but I’m in love with it already.

You’ve been added to the list :slight_smile:

I can see what you’re talking about. It looks like a slight difference in color, maybe it’s more noticeable in person? When I’ve had this type of thing happen to me, my general rule of thumb is if I think it’s going to drive me nuts when I look at it or wear it, it’s usually best for me to just re-do it. Sometimes I go back and sometimes not. I think it’s a personal choice. It’s a beautiful shawl!

This is gorgeous! Can you tell me the name of the shawl pattern and what weight yarn you are using?

You are the fastest sock knitter I know! Love those socks. You’ve had a very productive pity party, LOL.

Made it to the new site! Here is my Week #2 update. I have 5 rows of colour work left and then the top. I’m really enjoying this project and am dreaming of new colour work projects to start when I’m done!!

20b1514ac1169505931ab6e3ffa91593jpg.jpg

Well, today is the 18th… Check-In Day! I have finished my original project that I started on the 4th of July. So I started a new project, some fingerless mitts for my daughter for Christmas. Here’s the first one done. The pic was taken under a bright florescent light in the kitchen, but the yarn is a gorgeous Koigu KPPPM.

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“https://vb.ourunraveled.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]

IMG_5353.JPG

Well done!! Those socks are to die for!

The kids and I are doing the Kool-Aid dyeing tomorrow!! I can’t wait to see how it comes out!

I have one in mind for our next sock knit along (Starting 8/2/19)! You should join our Sock Knitters group and the sock KAL if you haven’t already!

@icnrainbow - this is beautiful!

Me too me too!

Progress update: my second towel is almost done. I planned on finishing it today, but our shower started leaking last night, so we spent most of today trying to make sure it was patched until the part we need comes in.

cba002e393913e57c7f4ebae8fce1157jpg.jpg

Here is my July 18th update! I have cast on my second sock of the pair I’m making, and I have started and frogged a dishcloth three times. Finally now got it working and am a little more than halfway done with a test knit for a designer here on ‘our unraveled’ fun stuff! I am also working on a scrappy crocheted granny square afghan for myself, doing a few border rows before I decide on an edging. I’ll try to post some pictures but its hard to transfer from my phone to my computer and I can only get on this new VB forum with my laptop so far… :wink: