A First Make-A-Long

I am still plugging away at this shawl. Some interesting pooling happening in some places, but overall I am pleased. :smiley:

and of course I am still knitting socks!

1e9a5b5c9595efb682ec205ab22f5ec4jpg.jpg

5e52cebc47d7c155f8f2da55e8827a15jpg.jpg

Not in on the KAL or after a prize–doing this was its own reward. My statement piece is off the needles and enduring its wet block.

Here is my “American Wings”, a truncated version of Kyle Vey’s (Vector Knits) Wingspan. Sized to be a shawlette, worked in Cascade Yarn’s Heritage Silk. 45" wingspan, 21" drop when worn over one shoulder. Started June 24, off needles July 15. I will wear this on our Grand New England cruise on American Cruise Lines this September.

AmericanWings2.jpg

Here’s my finished MAL project. It’s small so I will probably do another one too. This is a little summer topper for one of my baby granddaughters.

I will post this again on the bind off date.

IMG_5342.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

Lucky granddaughter! That is gorgeous, love the buttons you chose.

I’m working on a So Faded sweater for my daughter. I was already working on it when the kal started and want to get it done during the kal and maybe do another smaller project as well.

f611241b2d7f423a1d182279c573a53fjpg.jpg

Happy to have found a place to land @snickerdoodle ! You guys are doing great work!

I can’t seem to open up the rules to read them…

I am also having problems opening the rules also. I’m not quite sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ll try again tomorrow!

Thank you! @Icnrainbow

This is going to be such a pretty sweater!

Hmmm…let me look into that!

I updated the link so it should be working now!

I found my way to the new site!! I’m working on a couple things right now. I matching slippers for my daughter to go with mine. Also a year long month to month square blanket project that was in the beginner KAL on R. I’m in middle of it when things went off the tracks with R. Will likely try to finish since it is a big project. Will try to post some pics soon. :slight_smile:

Yay!!! Glad to see you made it! I have a blanket that I’ve been working on for YEARS! Garter Squish…and it will be YEARS before I finish it. lol

Ok, temper tantrum/ pity party over, let’s see if i can get a couole of pics posted

Looks like I can. I casted on, progress and finished all in one post. I started another pair in the meantime/ pity party. But I’ll post those separately

2e78f6f266ef92cd302521eb1a9cd71ajpg.jpg

7c840770c0beb10c3afd556b3f27e092jpg.jpg

12e89abe3951b9ddf26bd0495e71ef6ejpg.jpg

0f134e581cbd8f615dbea01ca6ebf73ajpg.jpg

I wrote about my project on the old site but I am happy to repeat a bit and share.

My cardigan is based in a design i have liked for ever and is in one of the collections I bought from an 80s designer called Christian de Falbe. He loved stitchery and his designs are inventive. I love Patricia Roberts for reference.

I modified the design to make it more modern but to keep the interesting stitch variety. There are seven cables in sequence on the back and divided on the fronts, whilst being worked on the sleeves. I cast on for the full stitch count and worked the ribbing on this number. Vintage cardigans often look vintage because of the tightness of the ribbed edges. Modern patters don’t usually do this. I have also taken out the sleeve and armhole shaping and worked out a narrower sleeve: the original increases to 126 stitches, which is a lot of bulk.

Cast on 133 and worked 10cm in basic k1 p1 rib. I want the back to be longer than the front, then changed my needle size and worked the cable sequence with moss stitch side panels. I knitted 21 rows and realised I had forgotten a cable cross so I need to pull back a bit today.

My yarn is Wendy Ramsdale DK bought as a discontinued bargain (14 balls for £21). Ramsdale is Yorkshire wool spun by Thomas Ramsden who spin for eg Erika Knight. The colour is dark teal called Grassington and is a standard DK.

Glad you’re back! Your socks look great!

I’m in and I agree to the rules (but I couldn’t open the link to them). I would love to join this KAL even though I am just now getting started.

I’m in and agree to the rules. I’ll be going to my lys today to knit for a while since hubby is gone for the week…it’s getting a little lonely at home. I’m a little late to the party but I hope I can complete in time. I’m doing a sock in the sock kal and finished one sock.

Welcome! I added you to the list. I will have to take another look at the link, I fixed it yesterday but something must have changed since then. Glad you found us!