A First Make-A-Long

Made it! I don’t have a lot of progress to share…but at the next check in…for sure!!!

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“https://vb.ourunraveled.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​ Hi all! This is my first attempt to post a pic on our new site, so hopefully all will go well! I have progressed to about the half way point of chart 2 out of three on the lace shawl pattern. I have also made the first color change and am pleased with it. Have one more color change trying to create somewhat of an ombre effect with neutrals…

Studio_20190713_130511.jpg

Those are so pretty!

I love the face…so sweet!

I’ll try to post pics tomorrow, I am making progress!

I’m having trouble with posting pictures too but hopefully we’ll figure it out. I had an avatar up before coming over to the new version but now I’m having trouble.

Glad you’re here!

Thanks for joining us over here!

So glad to have made it over from the first site! I have actually finished knitting my project, I just need to block it and sew on the buttons. Will save a picture til then.

Those of you having trouble uploading pictures, try making them smaller. Especially if you are taking shots with your IPhone. Those photos come out HUGE. I reduce them down to 25% of their original size and then don’t have trouble uploading. Funny thing is they still look big when they post.

I’m in For the kal

I’m a little late to the game, but I’m in and have read and agree to the rules.

I saw the post on the other website and started my Ostro Shawl on the 4th. I’ve had this yarn in my stash and loved it so much, but I only recently found a pattern I liked for it. I want to alter the pattern a little, because I don’t like the top being pointed, but I’ll figure that out when I get done with the pattern as written.

205ec8ebfdd12c3279e1b07d6e0122e8jpg.jpg

My progress so far on the wrap for my daughter.

8d2102719bbed7011b32378d5a7079e1jpg.jpg

You have been added to the list. Thanks for joining us. Your shawl is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing it grow.

Pretty colors!

Quick question: Can one participate in two KAL with the same project or is that cheating?

Hmm…my gut says it probably depends on the particular KAL. For this MAL we are very relaxed and it’s more about getting back to a joyful place in crafting and connecting with others. Other KALs might be more strict. If a project you started for another KAL also fits the bill of this MAL (making something that brings you joy) I say go ahead and use it here too.

If the moderator of a particular knit along OK’s it, you can “double dip” as far as I’m concerned for the sock KAL.

I really love the colors! :slight_smile:

Late to the party, but I haven’t done a KAL/MAK before and wanted to try it. (I’ve read and agree to the rules.) I started a prayer shawl yesterday for a friend whose undergoing chemo. Blue, green, and purple are her favorite colors. It’s a simple chevron knit and I’m changing colors whenever I feel like it. It’s also a bit of a stashbuster because I’m trying to use my stash instead of buying yarn whenever possible. I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish it in time since I also have a shop and a bunch of kids, but I’ll enjoy the process!

b66c2b475ce133e243337f4362650160jpg.jpg

Welcome! I added you to the list. You don’t need to finish to participate, enjoying the process is what it’s all about. Glad you found us!