1Q 2020 Make Along Chatter

I make hats, and mittens all year long for donation. I’m adding in scarves this year. I make socks for family and I also have a baby blanket on the needles for the newborn daughter of a church member. I have fiber on the wheel and two rigid heddle looms going. I would like to sew one thing a month and at least look at the embroidery. I’m retired I have time for these things. @Char I was an accountant in a previous life so you have my sympathy!!

Thanks - right now my head is spinning. It will get better in the spring. I just hope no one here things I forgot them. Lol

I’m working on the same blanket. I have a king sized bed and am tempted to make this a long term project and make 1,000. So far, just 70, but I weaved in all the ends! I’m planning on purchasing a cream color to offset all the colors as well.

2020: three years ago my LYS closed and I stocked up, and then joined a yarn of the month club during 2018. I don’t have “too much“ stash but I have so many patterns in my library. I really want to try more patterns for fun and trying techniques I enjoy.
I have a two sweaters on the needles and two more ready to cast on.

My LYS closed last summer. I couldn’t help but stock up. There is another craft store that now stocks some yarn. It doesn’t seem like it is the same. Sigh.

I look forward to seeing picture of the sweaters!!

Looks like another crazy weather weekend for us @Char. I’m going to be home knitting happy as can be. Is it Friday yet? :wink:

Almost!!! And this weekend is the one weekend I take off this month (Saturday is my birthday - yay!). Dear hubby asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. I said to craft. :heart::heart: :fk:

A crazy January overall weather wise!!! Although I am glad all of this rain isn’t snow - we’d have A LOT of snow if it were.

Almost done with this knitted “Doily with Spiral”. Just the crocheted edging left to go. It’s 20" diameter before being blocked. So excited to see this finished.:fk:

http://www.yarnover.net/patterns/doilies/beyer/b1.html

IMG_20200115_125454.jpg

Beautiful!!

Thanks @Kathy7661

Very pretty. Another work of art and bonus for it being my favorite color. :heart::heart::heart:

Oh, that’s so pretty!

Having completed two beaded lace shawls for Christmas gifts, I decided to change things up a bit and start the Papillion shawl. Think garter stitch, short rows…LOTS of short rows…I started with the 5 color option and after a few days I wasn’t in love with it…had an epiphany…while I like the bright colors in so many pictures of completed shawls in this pattern, I am a neutrals girl when it comes to my personal wardrobe…so RIP, goes the 5 colors, and SWITCH goes the yarn colors. I am happy with the results so far! The hardest thing about this pattern is the pattern…It took me a bit to figure out how to follow it, but once the lightbulb lit, I was good to go. This is not a hard pattern as long as you keep track and use stitch markers. Now all I need to do is figure out how to rotate a wide shot…

papillion.jpg

really lovely!

TA-DAH! Figured it out :O)

20200115_222909.jpg

Lol - when you said “rotate a wide shot” I was thinking you meant in the pattern… it was a new one to me!

Looking great so far!!! I understand what you mean about being a neutrals gal :slight_smile:

@Char @knitter131 @lcnrainbow - Thanks!

It my favorite color as well!

That’s going to be a stunner!

One of my favorite things about knitting from stash is feeling free to frog it. Love the look of your project

@Sjuly …and one thing about frogging is I now have 5 new colors in my stash :wink: