1Q 2020 Make Along Chatter

Good morning! I love seeing all of the beginnings and FOs in the 2019 Holiday Make Along - thank you all for joining in!

Here’s where we’ll chatter about what is on our needles, hooks, machines, or otherwise for the 1st Qtr 2020.

Do you have crafty resolutions to share? Mine - I am really hoping my 2020 will be a stash buster year. I am hoping the 2020 Stashbuster MAL will help support that.

I hope you are all settling in nicely after the holidays for some nice winter making.

I’m looking forward to getting some of my stash knocked out this year as well. Not sure how much will be accomplished in the 1st quarter though. I’m an accountant, so I go from holiday stress to tax return stress. I do manage to get a bit of stitching in every day to decompress. Who needs sleep, right?

My resolution for this year is to make more items for charity. I would like to have at least 50 items (scarves, hats, ear warmers, etc.) for delivery by the first part of October. My hope is to be creative in using leftover yarn from previous projects. :slight_smile:

I am an accountant too - but I serve municipalities. So - January and February are crazy busy for me, then it slows some. :slight_smile:

Good morning and Happy New Year. Stash busting sounds like a good way to start it off. Like @knitter131 and @Char I want to do more charity knitting. Its a great way to use up odd saved balls of yarn and the projects are usually quick to knit up.

shhhhhh - don’t tell anyone but my accounting customer is controlling the mouse a lot today while I watch. Knitting in hand!!!

LOL, You go girl!

I’m waiting for reports to compile. Hook in hand!

I’m (still) working toward reducing the stash. I have too much of the Sugar 'N Cream cotton. Decided to make place mats for the picnic table. Starting #1. I found the cutest pattern on Etsy. Square Emily Placemats by Henna Huczkowski.

IMG_20200108_085456.jpg

I was visiting my folks last week for the holidays, and my MI mom was talking about making a shower mitt for their friend. So - I just happened to have Sugar N Cream with me and of course needles. So - I sat down and just started knitting. started with some ribbing, stockenette until I decided to shape it like a toe.

My dad liked it so well he wanted one - so he has one now too. :slight_smile: A neat stash buster for cotton yarn tho!

My favorite use of Sugar 'n Cream is for potholders. I have made a number of pocket potholders with it and they are the best. Store bought potholders look awful if you wash them but the Sugar 'n Cream ones wash beautifully. I have a pattern I wrote up for the pocket potholders that I would happily share. It is a crochet pattern.

@lovestostitch - that’s so kind of you to offer. I’d love to have your potholder pattern!

@TexasPurl - I will email it to you if you PM me your email address.

My resolution for my knitting year is “no pain, all gain.” What that means to me is I’m in it for the fun of it. I can walk away from any project - leave in time out or rip it, no judgement. I’m going to use high quality yarn suitable for the project, luscious and lovely. I’m going to revel in the process and be completely unconcerned about progress.

Well…

So there!

That sounds like the perfect resolution!

We’ll see @knitter131 !!!

I need to really finish this squares blanket project I had going from a year long project last year. I have made good progress in the past few weeks. I am debating if I want to add more squares for a larger size or just keep 12 squares-one for each month. That’s my current project though I’m itching for something new. I am thinking about casting on a shawl for that MAL. :wink:

This sounds like you have a lovely 2020 planned!

Here’s my list of WIPs.

1. The main project.
    It’s a top-down raglan cardigan.

IMG_20200109_155243.jpg

Your shawls are very beautiful. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

1. Long lasting project.
    It’s a dress.

IMG_20200109_160058.jpg