What Are You Weaving Today?

IMG_2403.JPG

That is looking beautiful!! Also looks interesting how the warp threads are done. It looks like you are skipping every 3rd dent? How ever you are doing it, it looks marvelous!

Love it!! I know you’re using your handspun for the weft, what about the warp?

Thanks you so much. I’m using 8/4 cotton rug warp for the weft 10 ends per inch. I sley two threads in one dent on each end. It’s a straight draw threading 4,3,2,1 and tie up is 1&2, 2&3, 3&4, 1&4. I lift shafts 1&2 then 3&4 for a warp faced fabric. Not a super dense rug. More like a throw rug. This is about the 8th or 9th one I’ve woven. Crazy colors from 4 oz braids that I would probably never have knit with. All the yarns are different weights. It’s fun with all the colors.

Dress fabric off the loom. Used stash yarn and black fingering weight wool. Wove at 12 dpi for 123 inches. Fabric is in the dryer. One step closer to a dress of my own making! Fabric was 20 inches wide before washing. Will see what I got when it’s out of the dryer.

7d72c4e17ad43326ce6473faae13a9dbjpg.jpg

e53f66497f632f6a2079f7af556245a4jpg.jpg

Thanks for the details.

Your cloth is beautiful! I have admired the “Get Weaving” patterns and wonder if you have used them before. They look like they make very good use of the fabric without everything looking like a poncho (cute shaping, smart nesting of pieces, etc.).

Congratulations!

I’ve never seen the Get Weaving patterns. That needs to change very soon! The kimono pattern I’m planning to use is from a book. I’ll just cut rectangles,which is what a kimono is anyway.

That fabric will make an awesome dress. Great job

I have used the Get Weaving pattern pictured in this post. This will be the second time I have used it. I used it the first time to make a shirt version of this dress. Now I will make the whole dress. Plan to modify the neckline as I did not like it much when I made the shirt. Modifying the neckline should not be too hard. Also want to make the dress a little longer than in the photo. Thankfully, I have more than enough fabric to lengthen the dress.

Very nice! I think she will be thrilled.

Those are very snappy looking! Lovely!

Oh my gosh those are awesome. Love how you used her colors.

@oldeworldfibres Great set of towels and a lovely gift!

Gorgeous towels!

Yes, my selvedges are atrocious :wink:

I’ve got 10 yards of 8/2 natural unmercerized cotton on here as the test run of my new Toika Laila. My original plan was to do it all in overshot… after sitting on the loom for months, I decided that 10 yards of overshot wasn’t going to happen and that I ought to use the warp for something else. I wove a yard or so of linen weft before realizing that I had some yarn sitting around which, due to its lack of structural integrity, I was never going to knit with. That’s the purple stuff. Tabby at 20 epi should keep it together just fine.

IMG_20190728_090659_656.jpg

Finishing up my first baby blanket. Finished weaving on 8 dent 15 inch cricket. Now need to wet finish and join the panels. Will hem stitch ends.

693eba559552708040a6038eaa9843ffjpg.jpg

I love it!

I still have two wool rugs on the loom and am going to do the last one as a rag rug. I bought some quilting strips that come in a bundle and cut them in half this morning. Washed them for shrinkage. Now I just need to stash dive for strips and old sheets, cut some more and get weaving. Hopefully later today.

Lovely colors! Please post pictures of the finished item. That’s going to be one lucky baby.