The Traveling Afghans

Thank you!

Square #5, after seeing @Kathy7661 's Battenburg blanket in the March make-along I’ve decided to knit half the squares in cream and the other half in blues and greens and sew them together in alternating colors.

20200310_091902.jpg

That should look great! I love how the cream separates and brightens the colored squares. I look forward to seeing yours!

That will look great! :slight_smile:

Thank you both!

Wow, these look great @purlgirlbuttons!! Love the bright colors. Keep up the great work! I need to catch up quick!

@FreedomLover beautiful work! So updated… I have #1 done started number #2 but think I mentioned I’m stumped on it. I think I’m going to skip and do #4 as you did. Just sort of work with what I like etc. Love the paws. My pup got a hold of my WIP shawl. totally my fault as I left it in reach of her. I really don’t like the yarn and am thinking this is the second shawl I’m frogging for the Q1 KAL. Ugh oh well-gotta move on.

Looking good and good idea bout the color scheme!

Thanks!

The knit square #6 is up and I love the story behind it. From the Knitatude blog:

[LEFT][SIZE=15px]“My heritage is Dutch and I’m a third generation Canadian. My mom is second generation and my Nana came over from Holland with my grandfather. I don’t know if it’s the Dutch in me that loves tulips so much, but there’s something about these flowers that bring me so much comfort. if you don’t know, Holland plants thousands of tulips every year in honour of Canada and their part in freeing their country from the second world war. [/SIZE]”

http://www.knitatude.ca/blog/2020/3/…fghan-square-6[/LEFT]

Well, it looks very pretty, even if it wasn’t fun to knit :relaxed:

Thank you, this block was fun to knit, I substituted it for one that wasn’t because I wanted the tulip theme.

Oh I LOVE this kind of MAL! There are 8 squares out already so who knows if I’ll catch up but I’m definitely going to try. I will probably do both versions but on the crochet one, I will probably skip the squares that have a lot of “air space”/holes. I want an Afghan that is WARM and doesn’t let the cold air in as I will probably send it to Pine Ridge.

That would be an amazing gift.

I’ve gotten my first couple of squares done using stash remnants. They aren’t going to come out all exactly the same size but if I can’t block them out then I’ll add a single crochet edge to the smaller ones or something.

IMG_20200415_185302.jpg

So pretty!!!

These look great!

Thank you both!

These look great! Nice work. :slight_smile:

Two more. Once I finish a fifth one I’ll sew them together in a strip.

IMG_20200419_201930.jpg