SPIN TOGETHER spinning event

@fancykitty I’ll be happy to keep tract of yardage, etc. but would you be willing to set up the team?

@fancykitty Oh that’s interesting - I guess there was an error on their info page. Thanks for checking it out.

I think I’ll just continue to spin on my own and throught he Se2Se challenge. I was really a bit disappointed to see R mentioned and mentioned.

I will set it up if you are sure you want to keep track of everything… they reopened it for us… is there enough interest here though? and it does include opening a facebook group page would you be able to do that?

Maybe you saw fancykitty’s reply in your post #10. Maybe we can just do our own freestyle marathon during that same week, post progress as we go, and keep it simple.

you can always join one of the other teams… if you wish my understanding is when they open it up on the 1st to join a team all teams are open to anyone first come first serve.

I’m happy to join the team and I’m guessing there will be some more if we promote it! I saw the 2nd deadline as well, so I thought we had a bit more time. I’m so glad they’re allowing us to go with it. If @fancykitty would like to go ahead and set it up, I’ll be happy to help promote it and see if we can get a team going.

Okay, I’m confused now. Will we have a team or not? I’ll be on here but I won’t go onto R. I won’t expose myself to what’s going on there.

I’m also confused. I will sign us up but someone needs to start a Facebook group and keep track of everything and email all team members etc. is someone wanting to do that ? If. You are in order to sign up I need your first and last name and your email. You could private message me. Or we can just pass this year

I can’t do all that. My plate is too full. Maybe we just need to wait till next year when we can plan better.

@fancykitty, I’ll do it. I wantto provide a group here where our members don’t feel like they have to be exposed to the issues going on in R. If you sign us up, I’ll take care of the FB group, the emailing, etc We might have a small team, but that’s fine. Let’s do it!

Works for me.

After reading thru their information - it seems the “Team Group” is really only using FB and R as a place where a group can be “free”
with that in mind, I will send a PM to them today and see if FB is mandatory since most here on FiberKind may not be willing to participate on Rav.

Perhaps it would be easier for FiberKind teams to have their groups here - if so, I would be willing to help you set up the group and if more than one is needed - a seperate category in FiberKind groups for all the teams.

What might be needed is someone from the “teams” willing to follow and share any “common information” posted to their main FB group
p
If you think this will help your teams let me know, much as I really would like to participate, other claims on my time would make me an unreliable team member.

Your thoughts?

would you consider “Fancy Kitty - FiberKind”

I would be on this team! I actually won my TDF team’s competition for spinning the most yardage last year. Or maybe it was Spinzilla? I’d love to try. Just let me know what you’d like me to do to help!

I was thinking as well that it would be good to have our main group here; I just wasn’t sure they would recognize it. I think we will probably not have more than 1 team this year, as late as it is, but I would be happy to help make it work. Would you let us know as soon as you hear back from them so @fancykitty can get us signed up? We’re already apparently past the sign-up date, but since they had 2 dates listed, they are giving us time to still sign up. But I DEFINITELY agree that having our main group here and reporting to the main FB page (and I’m happy to do that) would be in our best interest at this time.

Well, that was disappointing:
Wheat: Question: Is there any reason why a Team’s “group” cannot use a FiberKind.com group for its members?

Carla Hanson" Good morning, Wheat Carr. That sounds like a lovely venue, but I think we had better stick with Ravelry and Facebook since I think most people are on one or the other. Also, by now all the team captains should have their groups set up in any case.

That said, if there was sufficient interest, perhaps a similar “event” within FiberKind can be “organized” -

Okay; we’ll stick with a FB group if we have to! I think we’re allowed to still sign up since they had 2 different dates to sign up by, and the last date was actually listed at August 31st. We’ll make it work! I think I’ll create a group here on FiberKind and then post a link to FB. We don’t need R, for sure! There’s also no law saying we have to use our FB group for more than just a few bits of details; we can still let our FiberKind group be the place for our main postings and pictures. I can even put a link in the FB page for this group. :slight_smile:

Yeah, just as I suspected. Hopefully we can get around it by what @rkennell is suggesting. R in stealth. (SIGH)