Sock KAL Finished Projects

@Nyssareen I really just used my formula for Harmoni socks and plugged the chart into it. I did my own preferred cast-on/toe worked up to 66 sts instead of 60, went up one needle size and did my own heel. This yarn is on the heavier side of fingering so they came out just right. When I use really light fingering and size 1 needles, I do hers on 72 sts.
The pattern is fine but I just have a good formula for socks that will fit Harmoni so I rarely follow other patterns for her. Well it’s fine except I do not like the way she did the written instructions for the chart so it’s a good thing I prefer knitting from a chart. Lol
Hope that helps!

It does, thanks! I’ve got my own basic formula for “vanilla” socks that works for my foot, so I should be able to do about the same as you did. I am AWFUL at working from charts, however, so I will have to make sure that I translate to written instructions properly before starting. I can work from charts, I just get lost in them much easier than I do with written instructions, so I’ve gotten really good at making my own written instructions from even fairly complex charts. Thanks for the warning!

Really pretty design and I like the colors!

I forgot to post my March socks.

CC85C370-8973-466D-AE0C-FFCF7715D503.jpg

Love those!

Those turned out really nice. The tweedy yarns look especially festive.

These took me 4 1/2 months to finish … but they are done.

50% SW Merino, 25% Nylon, 25% Bamboo - Universal Yarns SAKI Bamboo

20220413_215354.jpg

They look great. Have you tried that yarn before? Can you feel a difference with the bamboo vs just a merino/nylon blend?

@lovestostitch - this is the first time i knit with this yarn. I enjoyed working with it, and it wore well the first time I wore the socks … but won’t know about long term wear or pilling for awhile.

@Spice2s - Keep us posted! I’ve used Hikoo CoBaSi quite a bit and it is a bamboo/cotton/silk blend. I think it wears well.

I love bamboo blends! These came out beautiful.

I will have to look for that. Bamboo blends are probably better for Spring/Summer. I’m always bummed when it gets too hot for my wool socks (except for hiking.)

@PurlgirlButtons - Hikoo CoBaSi and Regia Tutti Fruitti are nice for summer.

A little late on my April socks. Late - just like Spring. Instead of seeing this color outside my window, my flowers are longing to move to the other side of the glass.

47342DEE-B7E2-4020-8724-A8674C14BF1A.jpg

5625BC9B-A50A-406E-A4DD-99D1498AF030.jpg

89E85309-5F20-4786-8403-5CDFC1606E3B.jpg

Very cheery and an interesting pattern to keep you going. :fk:

@KnitsWithHorses I have a question for you. I am planning to finally make my own Gothix socks but I am not sure if I have enough of one of the yarns. My feet aren’t quite as big as your Harmoni’s but do you happen to know how much of each yarn you used for hers? I have a gull 100-gram skein of the color I want to use as the CC (it is dark purple) but only slightly less than 50 grams of what I want to use as the MC (bright pink) and I am not sure if I will have enough of the pink.

I don’t know exactly how much I used and I got confused in the beginning about which was the MC and which was the CC so double check that. It seemed a bit counter-intuitive… Or maybe it was just me. Lol I do know that ii used 100 gram skeins and had a good bit left of each one. But I would hesitate to try it with less than 50 grand if either color. Just a guesstimate… I’d say I had 25 g left of the blue and closer to 40 of the white. But then those are a MENS size 13WW.

Here they are…the most hideous socks I’ve ever made, but Hey, they didn’t cost a thing! Good yardwork socks.

1 Like

I rather like them, they’re very colorful and fun!

I love a good scrap yarn sock. Ice been using a lot of my sock scraps but I have some larger scraps that I’m planning to make some socks from. I’m going to just put them in a bag and grab blindly. No planning! I will be very happy if they come out as well as yours.