September 2022 - Squishies and stuffies

These are three knitted gnomes I have in my pattern collection which are free. I haven’t actually made any of them, but they all look fairly simple to make.

This one isn’t free, but it is not very expensive. I got it last year and it is a fairly simple pattern too.

4 Likes

Over in the, I love a mystery group we are taking suggestions for cosy and non-cosy mysteries to read the rest of this year. @Lemming13 does a great job with it all.
Please feel free to join the group and read…or listen…along with us.
We have been having fun reading and discussing the books over there these last few years.

Our books for each month are based on suggested titles from group members. Those titles are all put into a random generator which then gives them back out in random order.

Each month we try to have a Cosy and a Non-Cosy book to read.
I love this group and have read several authors I had never heard of before.

If anyone is interested…please, hop on over.

4 Likes

Just in case anyone missed my previous post, I would love help choosing colors for this cute monster! Here is the link to choose
:arrow_right: Bonk’s color scheme
You can choose 2 different choices. Right now it’s heavily leaning to one set of colors but who knows if that will change. I will be closing the poll tomorrow afternoon. Thanks to all who have voted :grin:

5 Likes

you may have forgotten the link - at least I don’t see it

“Bonk’s color scheme” in my previous post should be a different color. It’s purple for me and it takes me to the poll.
I edited that post and put an arrow pointing to it :grin:

interesting - I changed my color scheme to show links in blue… I can’t see the purple with my poor eyesight - but now they are purple again - go figure

My links are blue using the high contrast light color scheme.

thanks, Linda - I had changed it, but probably forgot to save, because it was back to how it was - I hope this time it stays

I voted! :slight_smile:

Hey everyone.

I have been so tired. I’m really not deserting you. I’m still catching up some on the sleepiness of COVID I think.

I’ve been quilting some more tops. I actually had 7 ready for QFK monthly meeting Saturday. There was another challenge. My trolls quilt won.

The facilitator asked if I won the last challenge - I did. I asked her later if I should stop entering the challenges, and she seems to like that I set the bar higher. :slight_smile:

Here is a quilt top I finished Sunday.

Tomorrow morning I should finish another top - will share a picture then. :slight_smile:

Oh - and I finally have my king size quilt back my bed. I finally picked out some binding for it and I am waiting for it to arrive. :slight_smile:

Ok - off to bed!

6 Likes

I saw that you did, thank you :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Thanks :blush:. Now my sister wants me to knit two dolls for her granddaughters. I haven’t committed yet. :thinking::neutral_face::grimacing:
Well, I did it. I ordered the ultimate doll knitting book, it’s too stinkin’ cute!
[My Knitted Doll: Knitting patterns for 12 adorable dolls and over 50 garments and accessories Paperback – Illustrated, October 24, 2016
myknitteddollcover (1)

4 Likes

Char, those look so bright and cheery. They are very well-balanced color-wise.

2 Likes

Here is my most recent quilt top. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All your quilts are so beautiful.

2 Likes

Beautiful! I don’t know why, but it reminds me of the conversation heart candies.

2 Likes

I’ve finished a few things over the last two days; a few reusable gift bags, a baby hat for the Heartfelt Handmades group, and a cuddly Baphomet for my daughter.

2 Likes

Here’s a Question? Where could I go to get an already bound softcover book bound with a spiral binding? Staples? UPS? :thinking:

We’ve taken some to the local copy store (think Kinos) and had that done before, but I think Staples does it too.

My WIPs on this WIP Wednesday:
A pair of socks and a Tunisian Crochet Pumpkin :jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes