September 2022 - Squishies and stuffies

Scrappy socks

1 Like

Wow, you are a busy bee, I would love to see a finished pillowcase

1 Like

So glad to hear you’re feeling better!

1 Like

So - I acquired a small box of tomatoes yesterday. I’m thinking I would like to process and turn into canned tomato sauce (or even spaghetti sauce?), or can some salsa. Does anyone have suggestions?

Long time drooler, first time canner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hmm… I am pretty sure we were talking about canning tomatoes over in the gardening group.
@Majormomma was it you who was working with fresh tomatoes last week??

1 Like

We are slowly melting over in my part of the world this week.
Yesterday was about 116 degrees F.
They didn’t technically have ‘rolling blackouts/outages’. The power grid was very close to it. And in my area they did have tons of people without power. Personal homes and even schools. My family works in two of the local school districts. In one, they turned the AC off 30 minutes before the children were dismissed for the day.

The plus is…my laundry dried very fast outside yesterday.

1 Like

Oof - that is a scorcher!

I use the Ball Blue Book recipes. They have always worked well for me. There is probably an online version by now, but I still use the actual book. They put out a new one yearly.

3 Likes

our summer ended in the end of August - it was like flipping a switch - one day 27C and 13C the next

3 Likes

Oh - thank you for this! found some good things on there :slight_smile:

That was a huge jump in temperature. For those of us who don’t know…I think that is going from about 80 F to 55 F in 24 hours. (brrr…)

@sheiskanen I would have had to search for my warmer clothes. Hope you had easy access to all those lovely sweaters of yours.

1 Like

Has anyone started working on a squishy this week. I simply cannot find the exact puppy in my photo. Perhaps the person who made it improvised as they went along.

1 Like

yes, thanks, I have plenty of warm sweaters and socks - which I now wear indoors as well - the price of electricity has quintupled already - and although we have central heating (hot water) we expect that cost to rise as well

3 Likes

I’ve done a few, but mostly this last couple of days I’ve been doing my Enigma CAL. I did make a teeny snail, hopefully I can get a pic up tomorrow.

1 Like

Here are some of the pillowcases I have finished for the quilts for kids group:

Here are the rest of them, I’m making them “burrito style”.

10 Likes

no squishes - just a post of a dress (actually sweater and skirt) I already some time ago made for my mom - it’s tunisian crochet (double end) with two distinctively different sides, so the dress can be worn either side on top

picture of the yarn combo

and the two sides of the fabric

4 Likes

Wow, amazing work! It looks great on her!

1 Like

Missed the zoom meeting.
I thought I could run my errands and be back in time. Nope…super bad air quality and high heat slowed me and my dog down.

Sorry I missed everyone. I was looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.
I love to see the colors people have recently dyed yarn, the end product of a spinning session and the numerous projects everyone is working on.

That is awesome, both sides look great and it definitely looks good on her!

1 Like

My FOs of the last two weeks

1. A jumper for my younger son.
    Yarn: Forsell 100% superwash wool
    Needles: 3.5 mm, 3 mm
    Weight: 250 g

2. Trousers for the baby
    Yarn: 100% lambswool
    Needles: 3.25 mm
    Weight: 70 g

3. Socks for my boys
    Yarn: different sock wool