September 2022 - Squishies and stuffies

This one just has jewelry wire (kind of heavy for jewelry wire, but still not very big) and will only stand if the legs are in just the right position. For the next one I’m using solid electrical wire, I believe it is 16 gauge.

3 Likes

Me too! I have a friend who spends well over $150 to get her hair professionally dyed every few months. Just the thought of spending that much on my hair makes me anxious! I have dyed my own hair varying shades of auburn for decades and have gotten pretty good at it. I just stay in the shower the whole time and it stays pretty well contained. The blue was MUCH worse about getting everywhere than my auburn ever was though! I am still finding drops of it in places I can not figure out how it managed to travel to! My son just bought the Splat dye at Walmart, but I told him he needs to go to Sally’s next time and just ask them to help him figure out what he wants. I’ve gone there for years and LOVE them.

4 Likes

I found this at a thrift store a while back. Does anyone recognize the pattern? I think it would make a great first toy to make. This one is is crochet and not tiny.

6 Likes

It looks very familiar to me. The pattern may be from a designer that was popular 5-10 years ago. I recognize the style as one I have seen in a book of multiple animal patterns, not a magazine.

I wish I could be more help.

1 Like

Have you tried yarnspirations? Used to be red heart, but they re branded the website …

1 Like

I finished my endangered species for this month - a baby Malayan tapir.

7 Likes

My quick WIP that wasn’t planned before. I just saw this yarn together and had an idea. Great to use remnants of sock yarn. I also found a new heel for me, not sure about it’s name. The socks are for my 2 year old son.
20220904_200439

4 Likes

I’m not super familiar with crochet but for some reason he makes me think of a Pound Puppy, maybe there’s a pattern for that.

1 Like

Never mind, I just typed in pound puppy crochet and they look nothing like your cute puppy purchase.

I don’t know about the pattern, but it has a similar look to the Blue’s Clues toys my boys had when they were little. Maybe it is something based on Blue?

Neither squishy nor stuffy nor plushie, but I’m making good progress on my Etherealm doily:

11 Likes

Beautiful!!

I am loving and looking forward to seeing everyone’s stuffies/squishies! I won’t be able to start one until the 15th when our new “classes” start over on FiberKind Wizarding School. I love seeing all the cuteness :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I have to go and do this thing called work. Only projects I can take are things like socks and mitts. Very small projects that do not require much space.

So not sure when I will manage a stuffy/Squishy this month.

2 Likes

So adorable for little boy socks!

2 Likes

Happy September Fiber Friends! I can’t believe Summer has come to an end. It was a good one though.emphasized text
I am back home and trying to get into a regular routine. Both of my guys are working from home so I guess I will barricade myself in my office/craft room.
My goals this week:

1. Mow the lawn after it stops raining and dries up
  2. Get my shop back up and running and post a few new listings
  3. Get my Chloe doll started
  4. Do some more meal planning and grocery shopping so I can get low carb-ing

I ordered 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Beige #8021 3 weeks ago on eBay and only received one skein. I’m hoping they have the other one but I’m sure I have enough for at least the doll, but I wanted more for a different, bigger doll. I’m hoping it gets sorted out today.
PS: Here is the skein of yarn I started spinning last Friday on our Zoom. Once I remembered how to spin again, it went pretty fast, lol!

6 Likes

Oh, on this rainy day that colorway makes me so happy! Bright, but not neon. I’m sure you’ll enjoy working it up!

1 Like

This is very appropriate for the fall! :slight_smile:

Very cheery as well. What will you make with it?

1 Like

Well, I think I am over the COVID, except a little tired still, and a cough here and there.

At our last quilts for kids meeting I brought home “homework” - two totes and an additional bag of scraps that needed cut into usable pieces, That task I finally finished yesterday, just in time for Saturday’s monthly meeting. The bulk of it is pieces to “kit” up pillowcases (sometimes a pillowcase is all a kid has to pack up their belongings in a bad situation). Then the rest is cut into strips and squares to be made into kits for quilts. Because of COVID, there are restrictions on receiving quilts, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Then last night I continued sewing pillowcases. They are fun to make. I’ll take a pic this evening of those. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So glad you are feeling better.
I am sure those kiddos are going to love having their very own pillow case.