September 2022 - Squishies and stuffies

That is so cool!!! What a treasure to find. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Wednesday Wip list: cross stitch, a teen blanket and two pumpkins.
I was trying to figure out what squishy or stuffy to make this month. I waited so long to decide that I only have a couple of days left to participate.

So… .I decided to try to make pumpkins. The blueish one was the closest color I could find to match the Jarrahdale pumpkins we eat with dinner.
The orange cotton…is well…Orange. I will use a cinnamon stick as the stem for the orange one. Hoping to use the thicker stick for the other ones stem.

What are you guys working on?
Everyone safe from the hurricane in Florida???

4 Likes

I just finished quilting 8 pre sandwiched quilts for QFK. This is the busiest time of year. Shop with a Cop, homeless kids in the schools, our shelter’s Christmas party …. Lots to do!

And going through donated fabric for the group. Some of the stuff that gets donated is soooo strange. Lol

2 Likes

Totally forgot to post my WIP Wednesday this morning. Working on Bonk, getting ready to separate for the legs. It’s unlikely she will be done by the end of the month because I still need to make her ears but she’ll be cute for an October monster :grin:

8 Likes

That is awesome!

2 Likes

There are many ways to help out the people in Florida.
I wanted to let you know of one way.
For the next 48hours the weather guy Ryan Hall of the youtube channel, Ryan Hall Y’all , is donating 100% of his profits from his online store to hurricane relief.

3 Likes

On zoom today we talked a bit about different yarn events. With things for sale, but also with videos to watch. Would someone please list them here on Fiberkind.
Of course I forgot the names.
@Majormomma you mentioned one in the U.S. that I think is going on now.

@LizB You mentioned one that will be happening in Australia this November.

I think the one she mentioned was in Scotland, but I don’t recall the name.

i was hoping to do a lot more toys in September but I didn’t get the chance - partly because a lot of stuff interfered and partly because my cat decided it was so cold and wet he needed to glue himself to me most of the time, preventing me from crocheting. I did get a few things done, though; a mallard, some bunting for the handmades charity, and a fluffy teddy made with King Cole Truffle yarn (which I am never using again; it makes a soft and cuddly fabric but is a nightmare to work with).

11 Likes

Nice :+1:
I bought 2 gnome patterns that was as far as I got on September stuffies :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I think that acquiring patterns ought to count. For my sake. if I don’t do anything else, I always have new patterns located and organized!! :smiley:

4 Likes

That would be the Shetland Wool Week. If you do a YouTube search for Shetland Wool Week 2022, the videos will pop up.

1 Like

It looks cute already😁

That’s sad–both the charging, and the bringing in yarn from other stores.

We had a LYS in the 1990s with a couch and a resident cat. It was near the hospital and doctors’ offices. People waiting to take patients back from treatments could go in and just pet the cat, no need even to knit, much less buy. Such a friendly, quiet shop…I wish it had lasted longer.

3 Likes