October 2021 - Pumpkins!

I pulled out my giant granny square blanket and finished a full round on it. I also found a tutorial on YouTube for a continuous granny square, and I used it as inspiration to change this project from a standard granny (chain up and turn) to a continuous granny (around and around). Now I can keep going without worrying about whether or not I have enough yarn to complete the round.

I love that fabric. The tote and crayon roll are super cute.

I’m backtracking today. I ripped out all the seams on the colorful pillowcases I made. I’m going to remake them with a different color accent strip.

Can you share a picture? I am intrigued!

@Steph could you share a link to the Utube video? I found several called continuous, but they really weren’t. I would like to try this!

What color are you going to go with?

@Char ~ Isn’t it!
@lovestostitch ~ Thank you!

@KnitsWithHorses ~ My rule of thumb with double-end projects:

Blanket worked flat: rigid or cabled with the same size hook on each end. A blanket of any size can be made on a 6" double-ended hook. It will require a lot of turning to work off loops to make room for more, but can be done.
ITR apparel or blanket: cabled with X size forward pass; one size larger for return pass to give the project more horizontal elasticity.
ITR bags, amigurumi: rigid or cabled with same size hooks on each end.

The interchangeable will certainly give you the best options.

Thanks, everyone!

I’m going to use aqua.

I wanted to share this link with you guys. It is from my local garden center and it is a tutorial on making a “pump-cculent.” You can use a pumpkin or gourd and you decorate it with succulents, dried pods, pinecones, etc. It makes a spectacular centerpiece for your fall table.

I have this misshapen (it should be a long oval) Delicata squash that I think will be super cute decorated. I even have a nice selection of succulents in my rock garden. I just need to get some of the green moss.

https://www.thegrowingplace.com/pump-cculent-invasion-2/

E54778A5-7D99-4E93-8934-52071C12F383.jpeg

I grew Delicata squash again this year. Man. I got a TON of them! No round ones, however.

Good morning all and happy Monday! :slight_smile:

I have been doing a lot of “OHHH PRETTY” lately, and decided I needed to organize my brain a little. LOL I decided each day I would focus on one project. Yesterday was tissue holders. Today is towel boas. I’m trying to decide on tomorrow (if there is time). Maybe Tuesday and Wednesday will be kids totes and crayon rolls. Thursday and Friday Market bags. Sounds like a plan to me. LOL

Hope you guys have a crafty day ahead of you. :slight_smile:

Oh - I found the perfect little container to hold my tissue holders for the bazaar. Of course it was supposed to organize my drawers, but for some reason it never made it’s way out of the packaging. It must be defective.

267D06EC-224A-4366-834B-D73F86440D23.jpeg

What an awesome week planned!!

Life happened last week and crafting once again got put on the back burner.
I am hoping to have an old crocheted afghan joined back together this week.
I also might inventory the yarn that is sitting around here and there. If I do that then maybe I won’t
want to purchase any pretty new fall yarn.

Today I am having fun catching up on what has been happening around here since last week.
Sure have been busy. I have seen Gnomes, pumpkins, crayon wraps and bags and so much more.
I am so behind on the Tunisian crochet series. Thankfully, I think I can just jump in anytime I have the time and mental energy.

What is a towel boa? Did I miss a picture of that?

@lovestostitch let’s see if this link works: Boas

If not, go to It’s Gnome September thread and at the top of that thread there is a search engine, type in Boas and it will give you all the original posts that have that word.

@lovestostitch this is the towel boa I am currently working on. It goes around your neck when you are cooking, etc, so it is always at hand instead of lost, or on the floor, etc. :slight_smile:

E3A50DCF-5164-4665-B7DC-03F6165D9CAD.jpeg

Nice! I’ve never seen one of those.

I’m working on my Shetland Shawl and still finishing up my yellow pair of socks. (both knitted) Just found out I have a shower to go to on the 15th for my niece’s baby, so I want to quickly weave up a baby blanket. Thank goodness for a loom! I’ll use my 32" loom and maybe possibly do it double-width.

Sounds beautiful!