October 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

Finished Christmas Tree Socks: KnitPicks Hawthorne Fingering. Pattern: Christmas Tree Socks by Alessandra Parsons Started 7/21/20

IMG_2534.JPG

Ooohhh! Very pretty!

@PurlgirlButtons - And you made the cuffs 5 pine trees tall… 2 more than the pattern showed… NICE! :slight_smile:

Beautiful socks! Great combination of yarn and pattern.

Awesome!

They look so good. Your trees are so nicely defined.

They turned out awesome! Now you’re ready for Christmas early!

I love these.

Awesome :slight_smile:

Thank you all, but I thought we weren’t supposed to chatter on the FO thread???

@PurlgirlButtons - On a Finished Objects thread, each POST is to be a finished object, not chatter.
Chatter can take place in the COMMENTS related to each POST.

This allows all POSTS to be easily selected into the random number generator for drawing the prize at the end of the month.

Only Finished Objects (POSTS) are eligible for the prize drawing… Chatter (COMMENTS) are not eligible for the drawing. We love posting compliments as chatter (COMMENTS) and/or clicking “Like” on finished objects (POSTS). Other types of chatter, such as new projects we are starting, news about our weather, stories about our pets, and any other… would tend to be posted on the Monthly Chatter thread in the forums… or might be posted in a special-interest Group related to that topic.

As an example, your socks are POST #20 and the related COMMENTS are numbered #20.1 through #20.10, so far. The numbers are found in the upper-right corner of each POST or COMMENT.

Hope this helps clarify!
:slight_smile:

Thanks for clearing that up for me - the newb - qfknit. :slight_smile:

Well. ok, CHATTER AWAY, PEOPLE!

@PurlgirlButtons - Thank you for trying to be so law abiding! The guidelines in post #1 did say no chatting but we didn’t really mean it! I’ve updated post #1 to reflect our true goal - to keep Posts as prize entries and compliments as Comments. I couldn’t edit this month’s title of “No Chatting” but I’ll make that more lenient next month. Compliments are encouraged! :slight_smile:

@Pegg Thomas , @PurlgirlButtons , @lovestostitch - sounds great! :slight_smile:
No more stress, no wondering… !
Happy, happy, joy, joy. :slight_smile:

When your head cold becomes bronchitis … you have a LOT more knitting time than normal. So I knitting up another pair of socks. These don’t fit the theme - at all - but I like them!
(It truly is bronchitis, I had the Covid test, it was negative. Yay! Never thought I’d be happy for bronchitis.)

ed7e14d786893e0fc3c8815ad8244046jpg.jpg

6bc961010d789fa4b9d653b64f8b11a6jpg.jpg

e27eb172f7c8d50343ebaf61cccf4086jpg.jpg

Wow! Your bronchitis socks are beautiful, @Pegg Thomas !
Simply gorgeous.
You are sure putting your rest-and-recovery time to good use.
Hope you feel better soon.

I’m not a person who can sit still and watch TV. Never have been. Even sick, my fingers need to be busy. I’m feeling better this morning. Thanks.

Beautiful. I’m the same way about keeping my hands occupied. I can’t just sit. If I’m sitting, I’m knitting. Quite literally.

@Pegg Thomas & @KnitsWithHorses I am the same way!