October 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Chat thread.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
  • For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • For using the featured color. [/LIST] Our theme this month is: FALL Tell us what pattern you used and why it coordinates with Fall.

Color: Orange - for pumpkins!

• First sock finished.

2ED943AF-83F2-4941-99CD-76ECEB73D045.jpeg

I love it!! So perfectly Autumn.

Wow! And it’s only the 7th. You make me feel like a slacker. :slight_smile:

@Pegg Thomas - Well, it is dk weight so that makes it a bit faster.

It looks great! Your yarn is just beautiful!

I love the yarns together, it’s just perfect for the theme.

Two socks finished.

8692AAFE-1DF5-4703-B3E3-69BDC4F4BD21.jpeg

Fall theme - pattern is Toasty Warm Autumn Socks.

Monthly color - spicy orange.

Look at you go!! I’m not even halfway done with my first orange pair. I’ve been distracted by hats lately. These look SO cozy and comfy! I can see them propped up on an ottoman in front of a fireplace.

These look great!

They turned out wonderful and the colors look great together!

Full disclosure: I started these on September 28th. I needed to clear my needles for the October challenge. :slight_smile: They are knit of handspun wool, a blend of dyed Spruce, Bright Yellow, and Olive (all Jacquard dyes). I didn’t use a pattern but cobbled them together based on other socks I’ve knitted. I’m loving the short-legged socks. That’s all I wear in cotton socks. I don’t know why it took me too long to start knitting my wool socks this way. The cuff is 1 1/2" and the leg another 1 1/2".

7122526f2933e09c1161d7c008a3be8fjpg.jpg

552003ebd89eb8e14a2757348aa20001jpg.jpg

e7890211dc226b0125d48c5f4e3d1620jpg.jpg

99db675d642e90ee7dd1563134b92f0ejpg.jpg

They look great. Socks started before the beginning of the month are welcome. You just don’t get the entry for #1.

These look great and so comfortable.

I love short socks. I wear them all the time except when I’m wearing my work boots. These look quite comfy! I’ve never used Jacquard dyes yet, just food coloring. But I love dying my own so far and really want to get into making natural dyes.

First sock finished. I’ll probably finish the second tomorrow if I get any knitting time to speak of. No pattern. I just did a basic toe up sock with one of the leaf lace patterns from that stitch dictionary inserted. The main yarn is Apple Tree Knits Plush fingering and the contrast is Knitologie Incline sock.

IMG_20201013_195105.jpg

I love them!

@lovestostitch and @knitter131 Thank you! I used the knitologie for contrast because it had nylon. The Apple Tree yarn is straight SW merino. I like to have some nylon in the heels and toes.