November 2022

I have been having trouble getting any crochet done, mainly because my cat decided that the cold weather means he has to be glued to me every minute of the day and I can’t work around him, but I have managed to complete this month’s endangered creature - a Panamanian golden frog.

3 Likes

Well thank you :pray:

And thank you too. I am enjoying the process. Smaller quilts I can do start to finish. However I usually leave the binding of the donated ones to a lady in our group that just loves to bind my quilts. I don’t hate binding but I love making tops more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your sweaters are so exquisite and you are so fast!!! :slight_smile:

I would encourage you to give quilting for your kids a shot. Quilts are things that are treasured for years and generations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful Sweater! I would be happy to just get one made that actually fits me :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

That is awesome! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

Does anyone speak/read Danish who would be willing to help translate a knitting pattern for me?

I don’t speak Danish, but I know how to use google and love a good research project :slight_smile: What’s the pattern?

Strik din egen Royal Air Force-hue
It is a pretty simple-looking pattern and I’ve already tried Google Translate but I’m not sure about the results. Google translates one of the instructions to say “Continue knitting in garter stitch until the blue piece measures 6 cm” but the image looks more like stockinette than garter so I’m not sure how accurately it is translating the knitting terms. I was hoping someone actually spoke the language so I could be more sure of the translation.

1 Like

try some knitting group on Facebook - those groups have members from all over the world

2 Likes

I did a quick search this morning, and found this website.

I haven’t reviewed very closely, but it looks like it could be promising.

Oooo! Thanks! :star_struck:

It’s Snowing here today, even sticking!

2 Likes

What? I didn’t get it first! It is cold here.

1 Like

Our Ca weather update.
I was pleasantly surprised earlier this week when visiting the town of Jackson.
We were actually caught up in a downpour a Thunder and Lightning storm.
Believe it or not…the valley had a tornado.

FYI… Last known snowfall record in the Sacramento Valley was Jan 4 and 5th of 1888 with multiple inches of snow. (about 6) Also, in February 4/5, 1976 two inches of snow was recorded in Sacramento, with 21 inches dropped in the Sierra Nevada during that storm. (source. Fox 40 Sacramento news article)

1 Like

We just got a few wet flakes but I heard southern Illinois got about 5".

In October’s chat @lovestostitch asked about Christmas ideas.
I had all these items out and wanted to bring them up on last week’s zoom call and then again on this past Friday’s call but, well, I never know when to interrupt/chime in. Anyway, I don’t know if any of these items are things you’re looking for but I thought I’d share.

The first item is a darning loom. I haven’t used mine yet but when I get a some extra free time to mend some socks, I’ll be putting this to good use.

I love a good organizer! And this maker does a really good job! She has organizers for both needles and crochet hooks. I even reached out to her to see if she could make me a case for my Tunisian Crochet hooks (taller than regular hooks) and cords and she did :grin:

Next up are Pattern Keepers/Holders. Keeps your patterns wrinkle free and tidy. I have bi-fold and tri-fold ones. They snap close and they also can be snapped in an open position and set on your table to easily read from it. The bi-fold one has a magnetic strip that you can use to keep track of where you are at in your pattern.

Then there is this yarn ends keeper. I keep mine on my end table and put my snipped ends in as needed.

I like keeping my cakes/balls of yarn tidy in my project bags. These little bags have many different names, this one in particular is called a ball sack but others are called yarn cozy and other things.

Last but not least, lotion bars! I really like LoLo bars, they are very moisturizing!

I hope this is helpful!

I was going to show my organizer for progress keepers but I don’t find that there are very many others who collect them like I do :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Those are wonderful…do you remember at all where you got these items? I’d like to check them out!

1 Like

Yep, I remember where I got each of them. Is there anything in particular or would you like to know where all of them came from? :blush:

1 Like

I’ve done my November gnomes, Mads and Anna.

4 Likes