November 2022

Please keep my DH in your prayers. Had to take him to the ER yesterday, they admitted him to the ICU last night. They expect he will be there a day or two. He’ll pull through ok, but prayers never hurt. :heart::heart:

5 Likes

Praying! :heart:

3 Likes

Please keep us updated.
:gnome:

2 Likes

His “numbers” look better today but he’ll likely spend another night in ICU before being released to another floor.

They come and take labs frequently, so they are keeping a good eye on him.

I tell ya - I haven’t seen an ER move so fast as
I did last night.

4 Likes

I’ll be praying for him.

2 Likes

That is so scary! I will definitely keep him and you in my thoughts. :heart:

2 Likes

Are you allowed to go see him? (I don’t know what covid protocols are in your state)
:pray:

1 Like

Yes, I am able to spend all day with him (and have). He is doing much better. We are hoping the morning doctor releases him from ICU tomorrow. He’ll then go to a “regular” room for a day or two.

Thank you all for your continued prayers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad he is doing better. How are you? Do they know what is wrong?

2 Likes

I’m holding up ok. Didn’t sleep much last night, hopefully I’ll do better tonight. Thank you :slight_smile:

Diabetic Ketoacidosis. Started with the influenza and poor choices while he was sick. He’s doing much better. Hopefully he can eat tomorrow and make sure he doesn’t relapse. Hopefully home Friday - that is his birthday. Would suck to be there on his birthday.

3 Likes

I’ll be praying he improves quickly so he can be home for his birthday.

2 Likes

I’m in the holiday mood now - my holiday dish scrubbies are done! One is a little smaller because I ran out of yarn. One skein barely makes two scrubbies.

5 Likes

Oh, wow. My son has Type-1 diabetes, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Thank goodness they have it all under control!! :pray:

1 Like

Hmm… I have never made scrubbies. Is the yarn hard on your hands?

Time for Christmas movies and extra knitting time.
I grabbed some holiday colors and watched a hallmark movie yesterday.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it is hard on your hands but it isn’t pleasurable like a nice soft wool. I also tried Hobby Lobby’s Scrubology. It was more horrible to work with and I don’t like the scrubbies. My daughter wanted the black sparkle Scrubby color but when I felt the sparkly stuff, I didn’t think it would make as good a scrubby as the regular Scrubby. I really like Scrubby scrubbies. I use them for dishes, in the shower and at my garden potting bench sink. They scrub well but are still gentle and they rinse clean so nicely. I have even soaked them in a bleach solution and they came out fine.

2 Likes

Finished Objects Friday! Two scrubbies for my SIL’s stocking. He’s the dishwasher in their family.

7 Likes