November 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

These turned out great! I love how your yarn looks!

It looks really good! I’m thinking about making some thick socks for myself, this is great inspiration!

Oh, thank you everyone.

Yes, I dyed the speckled yarn myself with AmeriColor Gel Paste and Wilton Icing Colors applied with plastic forks and heat-set in the microwave. It was time-consuming but worth it.

First sock finished. Helical knitting using Knit Picks Stroll - Navy Blue and Pumpkin.

7d78266e597c9b50e971b080fc69c17ejpg.jpg

Very pretty!

Oh coolness! I have done many helical hats but not socks. WHY HAVEN’T I DONE SOCKS!!!

@KnitsWithHorses Exactly! I’ve used it for hats and sweaters but not socks. Try it - It’s FUN!

Yes please.

Great color combo!
:slight_smile:

These don’t fit the theme at all, but I’m using up the orange/gray yarn from last month. Done through the heels!

a53439abbe50da82e7c005f5c566cd6fjpg.jpg

That’s cute!
I agree it’s good to have thicker socks for winter. I’ve been lurking at patterns with doubled sock yarn. A good way to use up yarn and the combos are kind of neat too in the way they marl together. Bonus, they knit up faster, too.

Beautiful! Your tension looks so even! I always have a hard time with stranding on socks…

The combination of textured pattern stitches and soft, fuzzy yarn is delightfully fluffy and feminine!

One sock finished.

13B18460-7220-4A10-8EE3-8C03611A3F46.jpeg

I really like how the colors compliment each other. :slight_smile:

I was so lucky to have a skein of the perfect shade of green to add to the mixed colorway. I was concerned that one skein wouldn’t be enough yarn since he wanted a generous height on the legs and his feet are pretty long. I weighed the yarn after the first sock and it was a good thing I went with the contrasting cuff, heel and toes.

These have nothing to do with the theme, but there you go. I’m using up the leftover yarn from last month. :slight_smile:

05379980c603ddff1dbd798e9eeadea8jpg.jpg

In my mind, a pair of handknit socks are always something to be thankful for. ;). They look cozy and comfy.

I love these colors together.

These are beautiful and they look so nice to wear.