November 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Chat thread.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
  • For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • For using the featured color. [/LIST] Our theme this month is: Thanksgiving and Thankfulness Tell us what pattern you used and why it coordinates with Thanksgiving or Thankfulness.

Color: Beige - for turkeys and pie crust!

• Finished Pair of Handspun Socks. How about credit for the colors of construction- paper turkeys???LOL No? it’s ok.

As I said in the chatter thread, my first handspun socks reflect my thankfulness for the friends I have met through Fiberkind this year during the stress and boredom of having to #stayhome, and especially the comeraderie and support received during the Spin de Fleece back in Sept. and the Virtual Yarnies group which allows me to talk to adults with like interests. Thank You Fiberkind Friends.

IMG_2610.jpg

Love love love these! I bet you feel totally enamored with these. :slight_smile:

Absolutely stunning!
    :slight_smile:
    And emotionally rich… a wearable souvenir of the wild ride that has been 2020.
    Light and bright moments, punctuated with a few shadows and a pinch of dark which helps emphasize the brilliance.

I’m in awe of your glowing socks! Those are spectacular - you must always keep those - if you wear holes in them, darn them, and when that wears thin, frame them!

Some handknits become something extra special and it sounds like these socks definitely have. They certainly are beautiful.

Thank you all,the thing that I love about these is what I learned about spinning sock yarn and knitting with it. It gives mean incentive to swatch my other handspun yarns so I’ll see what needs to be corrected or improved.

You did a fabulous job!

They are beautiful! This is your post for finished pair. You can make another post for theme. You can copy and paste from this post or just say - see post #2.

2nd post for November theme. See post #2

BC7674D9-94C2-4D73-BE1C-C410498CBA43.jpeg

These are fabulous!

One sock finished.

4C662379-107F-40B6-8773-DBD542378115.jpeg

Feeling well enough to knit today, thank goodness. Socks for my oldest daughter finished through the heels. This is based on a pattern from Tiina Kuu that I adapted to toe up with my heel of choice. I just fell in love with the color chart.

20201114_200932.jpg

These are so pretty. Are they a Christmas present?

I love tweed yarns. These look comfy.

I get really cold feet so I love thick socks. These are dk weight.

I’m planning to make some dk work socks for myself when I get a minute free. That’s the weight I prefer for wearing around the house as well as in my work boots in winter.

Thanks!

Oh wow… love that pattern with the little hearts!

Beautiful!!