May 2024

Yes…I am basing the lengths on measurements of my body and modifying for features I like better (like length in a few places)…I’m going into it with low expectations for acheiving what i want the first time and high expectations of frogging!:rofl:

2 Likes

more pictures of Rosemary’s trip - here from the Taiga forest

and a fish wheel, used to scoop up spawning salmon. The Natives set up fish camps during the very short summers. They dried the fish to eat during winter, which could last for up to eight months.

6 Likes

A college age young woman accepted the pink trimmed one. Woo Hoo! Which is awesome, cause I was thinking about her often when I was working on it. :fk:

4 Likes

I was out and about earlier this week. I found this granny square blanket for sale at a discount store. Marshalls.
Thought I would post it on here for a couple of reasons.

1. To show you all how valuable your work really is. Originally $71 on sale for $50.
  2. To show you what crafting works are being sold out there…what is trending.

Also trending is crochet clothes. I saw a lot of crochet blouses and a long maxi skirt and short top combo.
I forgot to take pictures of those. They looks scratchy and uncomfortable to me. The blouse was white with some blue along waist. The set was bright cheerful mulitcolored.

3 Likes

I also saw a story about crochet skirts being the “it” thing for the summer.

2 Likes

I am afraid they would get very saggy and not hold their shape.

I have seen women wearing them this past winter. That made more sense to me…cause they could be warm.

Does anyone out there have experience making and wearing one?

1 Like

I went and looked to see what popped up. Note that it isn’t lined!

4 Likes

@Char I finished my scrap quilt. The one I started eons ago. I decided to hand sew on the binding. Which went faster than I thought it would. I listened to a mystery book that has a family quilt in it.

6 Likes

Dr Watson is a Siamouse! Adorable!

2 Likes

You’ll do great! Enjoy.

1 Like

That will be a short trend I’m afraid. Just a novelty…

1 Like

Finishing up Wips this week. I finished the threadwork a while back. Finally got around to sewing on the lace.

5 Likes

I love it!!! I have been learning (books, YouTube) free motion quilting. I’m not great, but decided that it was time to do a real quilt….

I have also been adding the finishing touches to our Missouri Star Quilt Co bus trip.

I have two graduations this summer. Youngest from high school, and last year’s high school graduate graduates from Ball State University in July. It will be a busy summer. Oh - also in July is my sister from New Zealand coming home for the first time in decades, an another sister from England. And a wedding. Somewhere in there I am planning a bit of me time at a retreat. lol

5 Likes

Oh - here is another graduation quilt. It is in the wash now. Just in time for today’s graduation party (neighbor’s son who’s favorite color is orange).

6 Likes

wow! love these quilts.
Don’t know which one I like better.

Is free motion quilting done with a regular sewing machine?

For my volunteer quilts, I was encouraged to just ‘stitch in the ditch’. No ties because the quilts will be for babies.

3 Likes

Yes you can do free motion quilting on a regular sewing machine. I really like Angela Walters on YouTube. She often uses her “domestic” machine. When using a domestic machine you need to drop your feed dogs. It helps to use some gardening gloves (inexpensive) with the gripper dots. As with anything it takes practice, and I’m sure I’m my own worse critic. :joy:. I keep reminding myself that most of the mistakes go away after washing, galloping horses and all. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Char Thank you for the info. Just subscribed to her.

:baby_symbol: After a long hard weekend. Baby has arrived. Almost 9lb baby boy. Mom is resting. My son said…“Baby is ok but needs to go to the intensive nursery for a few hours to stabilize.” :pray:

Although we all wished he was born earlier…for an easier and quicker labor. It is fitting that baby was born today, Memorial Day. He is named after his recently passed great grandpa. A Vietnam vet and Military Chaplain and preacher.

last minute edit!! Baby is currently being transferred to the mama’s hospitals NICU. ( Also…it is possible he will be transferred to a hospital about an hour away from mama…if his numbers do not improve)

7 Likes

Oh my, what fun!

2 Likes

Congratulations!
I’m sure the baby will be fine. Sorry about all the drama but some kids really like to make an entrance.

3 Likes

Baby was transferred away from mama. To a better NICU.

Trying to get permission to move her over.
Baby is an hour away. And neither parent has held him yet.

This is hard.
:pray:

7 Likes