May 2021 Chatter

Thank you everyone. :slight_smile:

@FreedomLover I did have an alibi project with me, but I was so into this and teaching Haddie that I didn’t break it out. Lol

@dapncat I’d never heard of that! I was in an accident that totaled my truck, so that was definitely the cause of mine. This time. It’s not the first time I’ve had ribs pop out of joint, however. The first time there were top ribs. I’ve had the bottom ribs on my left side get out of joint a few times. Maybe I should look up that syndrome.

@Spice2s - I’m looking forward to hearing your ideas!!

Looking forward to seeing the picture!

Here is the quilt top, it has two small borders now and I plan to add a couple more. It is currently an 88 inch square. This is on my sliding glass door so it’s back lit, the colors are deeper.

20210505_113923.jpg

It’s so pretty!! More boarders will be stunning.

Thank you! I didn’t find anything I liked at the LQS which is mind boggling to me. The good news is that means I’ll have to go to HL. :wink:

This is beautiful!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I feel like Jenny Doan did most of the work, she makes things so easy. I’m now working on her Charm Quilt On Point and it’s going together lickety-split. It’s also smaller.

@FreedomLover - which quilt is this?

@FreedomLover - I have this beautiful FQ set I can’t figure out what to do. Thoughts? (Or anyone)

321633B0-6AB3-4005-AAC5-60F298001821.jpeg

Pretty!!

There is a quilt technique where you cut strips, and sew them together in a mobius. Then cut cross wise strips, and then you undo one of the first seams, but it’s a different place on each strip, so that you get a really kewl color fade … I can see that with these fabrics… I’m trying to think of the name of that, it’s been a few years since I’ve done/seen it… mmmm … darn it … can’t think! It will come to me eventually!

BARGELLO! found an image … BARGELLO BARGELLO BARGELLO ! :slight_smile: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/2b/cb/112bcb992e273feb1872035758239333.jpg

wow. Back lit it looks like a lovely stained glass window.
Great work.

@Spice2s They are beautiful.

@Spice2s I could definitely do a bargello… I think those are better done with jelly rolls. I have a strip cutter to make jelly rolls. I wonder if there is enough in a FQ set. Hmmm

Oh. My. Stars and garters! That is gorgeous!

It’s beautiful! I had the same thought as @hereami . With the back lighting it looks like stained glass!

Finished this hat earlier in the week. It’s a helical knit using some advent minis from 2019.

This is the hat that I cast on in the zoom meeting today. Was able to finish it this evening.

0504212101_2.jpg

0507211846_2.jpg