May 2020 Sock KAL - it is Wacky Sock Month!

Looks like a fun color!

What a nice friend you are!

@lovestostitch Going through all that trouble was super thoughtful. Makes me appreciate the work people must put in to making the really nice YouTube channels.

I’ve started a pair of Summer shorties. Maybe this yarn qualifies as clown barf? It’s the most colorful, circusy yarn I have currently. I don’t usually have two pair of socks going at once but I can’t work on the navy pair after dark, too hard on my eyes.

IMG_20200513_130420.jpg

I am thinking if you see it as clown barf, it’s clown barf. :fk:

My first thought when I saw them was WACKY, YES! I love them!

@Carlota would know - she has a wacky meter!

I don’t have a meter but I’d call them wacky.

You nailed it when you said “circusy” - perfect fit with the theme this month!

I love the pattern you are doing. It makes the colors more fun - wacky fun!

This is what I have so far on my wacky socks. I think I’ll call them…“Pardon Me I Haven’t Shaved My Legs Cuz I Went Crazy From Covid” socks. I’m really liking this Mani-Pedi yarn :smiley: I am not going to make them full leg but more of an ankle sock.

20200514_174938.jpg

I would have never learned to knit if wonderful people didn’t share their how to videos on you tube. I’m sure your friend is very appreciative.

These are so cool!!!

I really like the colors, and the cute little cuff!

I love it!! How the heck do the “hairs” happen?

Thank you @knitter131 & @KnitsWithHorses! It’s kind of an altered fur stitch. I use an additional dpn to pull up a knit stitch leaving the original stitch on the left needle and pulling the loop out 1-1/2 to 2 inches. Then I twist the loop on the dpn like a T nut or twirling a baton until the twist is tight but not so tight that its curling. Then I put the end of the twisted loop on the left needle and knit it together with the original stitch.
Rnd 1 k 1 then stubble stitch rep around
Rnd 2 & 3 knit
Rnd 4 stubble stitch then k1, rep around

You could use a crochet hook or cable needle or even your fingernail to twist the loop. I just use a dpn because it’s easier for my clumsy hand to keep ahold of. I hope that’s understandable KnitsWithHorseslet me know if not, I’ll try harder.

@RosetheRebel I understand. Very clever!! I’m going to be doing some amigurumi with my granddaughter and I bet I could figure out how to make some crazy hair with that technique.

Not my cleverness @KnitsWithHorses, my daughter sent me a you tube video years ago how to make a baby beard mask. That would make fun curly hair, I’m going to have to look up Amigurumi, not sure what it is but I bet my grandkids would like it too.

@Rose the Rebel check out @Lemming13 and her project blogs - she makes great amigurumi

@Rose the Rebel - here is the link to her blogs:

https://fiberkind.com/blogs/lemming13-rides-again