May 2020 Sock KAL - it is Wacky Sock Month!

Hmmm - maybe a skein of Ice Yarns will show up as the prize this month. :slight_smile:

@lovestostitch I like it a lot, I would say it’s texture is comparable to Regia, which can feel a little course, but washes up beautifully. I use fabric softener, and it is quite soft. And the price, as you can see, is very reasonable.

LOL–I have to agree! I’ve done a couple of Dr. Who scarves for our daughter. (I’ve never really gotten into the show myself) One was the LOOOOONNNG traditional multicolored one and the other one was a dark blue police box style. I’m sure the socks will be a fun knit.

Those are definitely bright and eye-catching! Cute!

Love these colors and that design!

What a nice job to have! (I’m sure it has it’s challenges, too!) Those are so pretty! What yarn is this???

@rkennell - it is knit picks felici - it is from a prior year, I don’t see it available in the current year choices.

I’m hope to start my clown barf socks today. A slanted rib, I haven’t tried this pattern before but I have a pair that was a gift (thank you, @Char ) and they fit great. I’m hoping I will like these as much as my gifted pair.
:fk::fk:

IMG_20200511_092425142.jpg

I am ready to cast on a new pair of socks for mindless knitting. I FINALLY finished the pair of socks I started back in January for the February sock KAL! It is the handspun Icelandic (not by me) plied with my own handspun Lincoln longwool for extra durability. I also used some wooly nylon in the heel for reinforcement, thanks to @Char. It ended up being a lot thicker than I had planned, but they are toasty!!

So at least these are checked off my list! (the yarn is before it was plied with the Lincoln longwool)

20200509_080500.jpg

20200124_093459.jpg

Oh yes - lovely clown parf. :slight_smile:

What yarn is the purple yarn??? :slight_smile:

I love Cascade Heritage. The lime green in my May socks is Heritage scraps.

@KnitsWithHorses - I’ve done Zigzagular. That zig zag really spices up a simple sock.

The second sock of my wacky pair got temporarily even wackier. I had promised to teach a friend how to knit socks. She knows how to knit but the heel turn was too much for her to figure out by herself. Due to coronavirus lock-down, I needed to be creative. Today I did my first videotaped lesson. I put it on youtube for her. It is not easy videotaping knitting. I tried all kinds of positions and ended up with my tablet, propped up on its lapdesk, on the floor and me sitting on the floor leaning over the lapdesk. My dogs came to check out what I was doing so they made an appearance on the video :).

I did the heel turn in a different color to make it more obvious for her. I’ll just frog it out and finish it in blue.

B7848675-1E39-42C7-9BC9-8054D722218D.jpeg

I had to go through all sorts of contortions to video myself knitting. I finally got a tripod which made it way easier.

@lovestostitch I love twisted stitch patterns. Even if I don’t like the techniques used on a sock, I’ll buy the pattern just to have the chart for them. Lol But I think Zigzagular was actually free wasn’t it? I feel terrible that I can’t remember who the designer was.

Or you could just leave it a wacky red. :slight_smile:

I have a tripod but my tablet won’t secure to it. I might have been able to strap my phone to it, but not easily.

@Char it’s actually pink and black Icelandic handspun that I bought at a farmer’s market. I guess the picture makes it more purple. I have enough left over to make a fluffy pair of mittens or a hat.

Good for you doing the video!