May 2020 Community Chatter ?

Only because we have such a great leader!

I think the blue sky, white clouds and yellow sun are the reason most people love those colors together.

@lovestostitch and @TexasPurl have the perfect responses to this. This community is such a lovely place to call home, thank you for providing it to us.

Check out this beautiful calendar for your computer background, or for whatever device you have, from Knitpicks! https://blog.knitpicks.com/free-down…2020-Calendar/

Love you, too, dear friend!!! So thankful for all you do!!!

Oh - how cool! :slight_smile:

Knitpicks’ wallpaper has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. I use an easy collage app to make a custom wallpaper with their calendars. I’ve come to highly depend on it & it’s pretty too!:fk:

Finally finished these two scarves I started a while ago (see my post #4). I still have two more scarf WIP’s to finish, maybe next week for them.

Also working on a knit cowl and a knit scarf/wrap. The cowl i should finish next week, probably longer for the scarf. I started a pair of blue socks and frogged them. I just wasn’t feeling the love.

Anyway, here’s the two FO’s:

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​

IMG_20200505_215719544.jpg

Oops - we miss your beautiful photos! :slight_smile:

I love this.

I too am thankful for a place to share and praying it will continue to grow. Everyone is very friendly and encouraging.
Wanting to start a project journal inspired by Felecia Lo from School Of Sweet Georgia. A time frame type of calendar for planning and completing projects.
I had a surprise from my husband that my upstairs dark loft where I am making a weaving/spinning/fiber…what-ever-else studio will soon have 2 windows going in. Natural light and fresh country air. What a blessing.
I just finished a white alpaca knitted hat with a pom for my daughter. I am left handed and have been watching “B Hooked”. My goal for knitting this year is to knit a pair of socks. It’s been hard to find someone on line who is left handed and will take you through the project slowly.
Getting ready to ply for the first time my singles I spun last week.
Going to warp my loom for some place mats as well this week.
Taking care of our seedlings.
Love the SC beach picture. I’m from Sarasota, moved to the country 5 years now. I miss the morning walks on my beach. Thanks for posting that.

@knitter131 is a leftie - maybe she can help? She may knit/crochet right handed, though, I’m not sure.

I am also told if you watch a “righty” in a mirror (likely would also work in a video - point that to a mirror) that may also help. I look forward to seeing your projects!! :slight_smile:

PS - we have a lot of sock experts who would be more than willing to help! Myself included.

Welcome to Fiberkind! I’m jealous of your crafting loft! How awesome?

Welcome! Your loft sounds like it will be wonderful. What a nice husband.

I would gladly help you with socks but I’m not a leftie either. I wanted to teach a left handed friend how to crochet and I told her I was sure I had seen a left handed section in my how to crochet book. I found the section in the book. It said: Learn to crochet with your right hand. I couldn’t believe it. We laughed but it seemed almost cruel.

Made a Mother’s Day card today for my 98-year-old mother-in-law. She has always been a tea lover.

74B7773C-3BC7-4832-A46B-0EAD2C874E7F.jpeg

That’s so lovely!

How wonderful - she’ll love it!

Welcome to the group! I’m left handed and I crochet and knit right handed. When I say knit, I mean washcloths…still learning. Most left handed people can use their right hand quite easily so maybe this would work for you…it’s worth a try.

Wow, this is so nice!!

I look forward to hearing more about your loft and your projects, it sounds like your husband is a keeper.