March 2020 Sock KAL - Chatter ?

Wow! There is a lot going on in that sock! Very nice. I can’t wait to see how you progress. When you finish a sock, or two past the heel, be sure to post in our finishers thread for our monthly drawing. :slight_smile:

After 3 days of being sick and also working on a shawl gift, I finally got my March for Peace socks cast on.

IMG_1354.JPG

Those will be beautiful socks!!! I hope you are feeling better!

Aww, thanks!

Wow, that’s some sock pattern, thank you for sharing it.

This yarn is gorgeous! I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Thanks @FreedomLover . It is just some Premier Yarns Serenity Sock dyed with Wilton Gel Food Coloring. It makes me want to dye more, but I have too much sock yarn already.

Great yarn!

I started these socks last night, a lacy rib. Toe up and FLK heels.

IMG_20200313_110738211.jpg

And started this sock this morning. I believe I will use the Lichen and Moss pattern modified to use toe up and FLK heels.

IMG_20200313_110321652.jpg

You’re busy!

There is too TOO much going on in this sock ;-). I had just started to knit socks and knit all 6 patterns in her book ‘Cool Socks, Warm Feet’. With all the enthusiasm of a new sock knitter I challenged myself to this sock pattern - oops - evidently still had a lot to learn!
Garter sideways cuff, bobbles, textured lace leg, swallow stitch foot instep … and that mosaic heel flap! Closing the toe on sock 1 right now ;-). Hallelujah
Sock 2 ? Maybe … later … much later

I can’t wait to see a picture of the rest of the sock.

I have always been told “it’s always easier the second time around”. Maybe diving into the second one while it is still fresh is not a bad idea?

@PurlgirlButtons - great dye job!!!

@FreedomLover Aw thank you. He has always been so good with elderly folks. Up till then I was mostly just sending things for babies and kids but that really got me working for the elders. A lot of grandparents on the reservation end up raising their grandchildren and they tend to put the children’s needs first. I just want to send virtual warm hugs to all of them.

Are you doing each sock on 2 circs? That is actually the only technique that I like as well or maybe better than my DPNs but I just don’t have enough of the same size circular needles to do it that way much. I really have to do both socks at the same time so I’d need 4 needles. If I have anything else on that size needles it just ain’t happening. I’ve tried the 9 inch circs and just don’t like them and magic loop is so practical but I don’t like it. I try again every once in a while to try to convert myself but so far I can’t make myself like it. Lol

@KnitsWithHorses, yes I do each sock on two circulars, I don’t like two on two circs. I do still use DPN’s now and then. I have enough 24" size ones and 1.5s to do 3 pair on needles at the same time. (12 circs)

Yay! With your speed you’ll probably have yours done before I get mine done, lol! I hope you find the yarn you’re looking for.

@Kathy7661 - I believe I am. I took inventory on what I have, and realized as I knit socks I should be able to get there easily. :-). Except the cream. As I get ready to do that I’ll need cream. I am keeping an eye out for cream to go on a big sale. Lol

I bought the cream from Knit Picks. It’s actually one of their bare yarns; stroll fingering. It’s on sale right now.