March 2020 Sock KAL - Chatter ?

Greetings All!!

March is about budding flowers and sunnier days ahead here in my neck of the woods. We’ve seen small buds of our daffodils in our beds already. I can’t wait for Spring!

This month’s beginner pattern is from our own @BaadWolfKnits – her'Nilla 'Nilla sockscan be downloaded from Lovecrafts – please support our FiberKind Designers!

This month’s featured pattern is Knit Pick’s Butterfly Garden Socks (the pattern is free to download it is not necessary to buy the book)

Our theme is stripes – what is your favorite pattern to use the striping yarn? I have some felici to use LOL

Our color this month is Yellow

You may also choose any pattern you would like.

Show me what yarn and patterns you choose!

If anyone has a donation they wish to contribute, let me know. Otherwise I’ll be stash diving for some yarn I hope will make you happy! :smiley:

2/26/20 update: For those wanting to participate in the #greensockskal on Instagram, we’ll also welcome your socks here (and give you an extra entry). So - I guess we’re officially adding GREEN as an extra color of the month!

I have been anxiously awaiting the first of the month so I can begin my socks. This yarn is what I will use for the “Butterfly” design. The yarn is Cascade Heritage Sock in Lemon.

​​​​​​​

IMG_20200301_095321814.jpg

The second pair of socks I hope to complete is the “Nilla-Nilla” design by our very own @BaadWolfKnits. This yarn is hand dyed from Good Fibrations in Canada. It’s actually a bright yellow, green and purple yarn, should be perfect for this pattern.

IMG_20200301_095351668.jpg

What a pretty yellow!!!

Please disregard this - the yarn is too thick for me to use for socks. I’ve picked out another color. This yarn will make a beautiful shawlette :relaxed:

So, here’s the yarn I’ll be using for the “Nilla Nilla” socks. This yarn is Knit Picks Felici. I dyed it using liquid food coloring in neon colors. I can’t wait to see how it works up - hopefully not a lot of pooling :relaxed:

IMG_20200301_135953742.jpg

Nice bright colors. I love it. Can’t wait to see it knitted up.

Hey sock knitters!

Knit Picks is having an “up to 40% off” sock yarn sale. The sale ranges from 20% -40% off:

Knit Picks sock sale

Woot!

(sale ends 3/9/2020)

So after watching Vone Kevitz’ video on You Tube: Being Proactive With Green Socks I’ve decided to knit socks of peace instead of retaliating in the same way that THEY did with the pink things. :o I will love on everyone’s green socks, though.

IMG_1314.JPG

Just a progress photo of these “Nilla Nilla” socks, and how they are working up with the neon hand dyed yarn. I should finish them up this weekend. Very happy with the way the yarn brings to life this plain stockinette stitch pattern.

​​​​​​​

IMG_20200303_165116341.jpg

So bright and lovely! Excellent yarn choice!

@BaadWolfKnits - I use the excuse that I am saving for my retirement. Gotta have enough yarn when I retire! :slight_smile:

I’ve started another pair of socks, putting two others in hold. There’s someone dear t me who has a birthday this month, and I decided to make her a pair.

These will be a vanilla 2x2 rib, her favorite.

Yarn is Ice Design Sock.

1583338374490723106524.jpg

I’m working on a pair of socks with Diamond Luxury Footloose yarn, I liked the look of the yarn in the skein better than I do in knit socks, but these are so soft and will be really comfortable.

footloose.jpg

20200304_155746.jpg

the yarn looks very patriotic as a hank, but the colored sections don’t seem to last long, so I can see how it would look quite different as socks. I look forward to see progress photos!

Lol - and as I am typing there is the progress photo! I like the way they are turning out.

I am getting ready to cast on my striped socks. I am using felici yarn, and I am going to go with the geek socks. The yarn will pull some so I think I will use larger needles as well.

A29E1337-021A-47AD-AF0C-33CBE972E544.jpeg

Oh, I love the colors !!!

@Char, I agree, when I bought the skein I thought it looked patriotic but the socks not so much. They will be a pleasure to wear.

This is beautiful yarn, I can’t wait to see how it knits up.