March 2020 Sock KAL - Chatter ?

Hey guys - please post your finished socks again in the finished thread. I accidentally deleted the original thread thinking I was posting a chatter item. :frowning: Thanks!

LOL, it happens to the best of us… as well as to the rest of us. :slight_smile:

I know. It doesn’t make it any less embarrassing though. LOL :fk:

Please allow me to introduce you to @Ms_AU - she is a new member to FiberKind and wishes to learn how to knit socks. I would say she came to the right place, wouldn’t you? :slight_smile:

She is looking for an easy starter sock pattern, here is a link from HGTV:

https://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/handmade/knitting-socks-101-heel-cuff-and-toe-tips

Glad to have you along! :slight_smile:

What great colours

Wow you’ve done an amazing job with the dyeing. Look forward to seeing them knit up.

I received some Felici self striping when I ordered some bare yarn as a free gift. These will be perfect for this project.

Wonderful! I am so glad you are here! I’ve missed having you. :slight_smile:

@LizB, Char beat me to it, but I wanted to say a big WELCOME BACK!

This gorgeous skein of Acorn Willows Ad Astra is my next sock project. I think the Butterfly pattern would be a great match, what do you think?

I forgot to mention the paw, it belongs to Laurel my German Shepherd.

20200306_161925.jpg

I think it will be PERFECT! :slight_smile: @AcornWillows makes such beautiful yarn!

@Ms_AU we’d love to answer any questions you have about sock knitting. Be warned though, it can be addictive.

Welcome back! I look forward to seeing your socks.

@FreedomLover inspired me to make some patriotic socks :-). I am doing toe up, as I am not sure if I have enough yarn for taller cuffs. :cool: but they will make good shorties!

933EAB27-CE1F-49FA-A2E5-D653DA63A192.jpeg

Your dog’s name is Laurel! That’s my name! I hardly ever meet other Laurels and this is the first I’ve known of a furbaby named Laurel.

We love the name Laurel, we were thinking of naming her Lorelai then looked up the meaning of the name and decided against it since It refers to a maiden who lured fishermen to their deaths. We moved on to Heidi but once we met her we knew she wasn’t a Heidi, she was a Laurel.

Yay for patriotic socks! I’m glad one of us is pulling it off! :wink:

Pretty yarn and I love the paw! I’ve purchased minis for my blanket from Acorn Willows and her yarn is lovely. I also had a German Shepherd too, what a dog!

Thank you @Kathy7661, I made socks with Acorn Willows yarn before and used the leftovers to trim a shawl, her yarn is wonderful. Laurel is two and in that adolescent stage where GSD’s are such a challenge, but she is so attentive to everything I do and has a heart of gold.

Yes, I remember the challenges. Our dog was bred for police work so she had a very strong drive.There were days I thought she was too much dog for us. We learned that we had to work her every day and that balanced her. Our only problem after that was she wanted to be a lap dog. I think she was a little jealous of our little Sheltie.