June 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts Only - NO CHAT POSTS

I love when yarn has a pattern beyond striping designed into it. That is a really cute dark stripe around the heel. 20 grams for a sock! That is a tiny foot.

If you do heels toes and cuffs in a contrasting or solid color(s), you will have enough of this yarn leftover for a pair for yourself! :slight_smile:

@Spice2s Yep, that’s exactly what I was planning to do! I have some solid colors that will work and am planning to make shorties (perfect for summer anyway!) with the ribbing, heel, and toes in a solid color and the rest in the cute striping. I’m really excited to finish these so I can get started on mine!

I finished my second sock for my sister-in-law and I have to say, I am ASTONISHED at how alike these two self-striping socks came out! They are just plain adorable and I am so excited to make a similar pair for myself! The two socks only used about 39 grams together, so there is plenty of the 100-gram ball left over.

Sarah's Shortie Socks 2 30 June 21.jpg

Sarah's Shortie Socks 3 30 June 21.jpg

And another post for the theme. I made these socks for my sister-in-law who is a wonderful gardener. She calls her front yard her “meadow” and every spring it is absolutely beautiful with her amazing flowers. I was going through my stash and came across this self-striping yarn that reminded me of her beautiful meadow in bloom. Since we live in the desert and it is now over 100° almost every day, her meadow is no longer in bloom, but she gave me a couple of pictures of it to use for this month’s theme.

June SAL Flowers.jpg

June SAL Flowers 2.jpg

And once more for the color that made me think of her sister-in-law’s beautiful flowers.

June SAL Flowers.jpg

June SAL Flowers 2.jpg

Beautiful

Great job!

@knitter131 Congratulations! You won the colorful project bag!

237DD67F-EFCF-4A3F-A1FA-5326B9A03162.jpeg

Wow! Thanks so much! Do I need to contact someone with my address?

Congratulations @knitter131

Thank you, @Starlighthill :blush:

Wow, thanks everyone :blush:. It was a fun pattern, and they fit me perfectly!

@Char and @lovestostitch - thanks! I’ll just keep my feet separated when I wear them :joy::rofl::joy:

Oh wow, those are gorgeous! :heart_eyes: I agree with the others, I doubt anyone will notice the slight color difference. I didn’t even notice until I saw that you mentioned it, and even then I had to enlarge the pics and look very carefully. Even with the color difference, they are absolutely beautiful! :heart:

Oh thanks, @Nyssareen :blush:

And just tonight, finished socks in green. My inspiration is our back yard with grass and trees, we have no flowers :neutral_face:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:101700}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:101702}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:101701}[/ATTACH]

Amazing, the texture is outstanding and the colorway matches your yard.

Beautiful socks!

Thank you @DJM and @lovestostitch :slightly_smiling_face: