June 2020 Sock KAL - finished objects only please - no chatter

@Monchichi congratulations on becoming a sock knitter - I’m guessing you’ll never look back, and that you’re already hooked on socks! They look beautiful, and I really like your yarn choice. Nice job!

Wonderful!!! Does this mean you are officially bit by the sock knitting bug?

We’ll see I guess. I’m frustrated with a few things, which I’m hoping will get better with practice. Specifically on this last pair, I got some big spacing on the right side of both socks (beginning of round side) where the heel and gusset meet at the top. I was real focused on not having gaps at the start of rounds and this is the only spot it happened so I’m not sure what caused it. I do really want to try some other techniques on each pair to find what I like before I start getting into patterned stitches on them. I’ve tried two different heels and two different cast offs. I want to try more heels and cuff down.

Around the heel, when I am picking up stitches, I pick up an extra stitch where the hole is (I pick it up in a twisted fashion) and that really helps close up that hole. I can help you with it if you get to that point and want to try it. :slight_smile:

Char, that sounds like a great tip. I’m about to cast on my next pair (hahahahaha), so I’ll give it a go, thanks!

If you have troubles - be sure to give a shout!

These are fabulous! Sock gussets are notorious places for holes, as you make more you’ll learn which stitches to pick up to prevent them.

Great socks, @Monchichi !
And a very valuable tip from @Char !
:slight_smile: