July Chatter-

Post your projects, questions, and random thoughts for the month of July HERE:

Virtual Spinning tonight via Discord. All invited-even if you don’t spin! 7-9ish ET or however long you Westies want!!!

Discord invite for the Fiberkind server for those who haven’t joined or signed on: https://discord.gg/twbRw8MUSu

I’m signed in for the first time. How do I find you?

Well, I can not recommend Discord anymore. :wink: :?

I finally signed up/in at Discord.
Perhaps next time there is a meet-up.

Do we have regular times for discord?

Discord seems to be a bit finicky…. Happy to set up a zoom any time! :slight_smile:

A few of my children use Discord…all…the…time. They have a friend group on there and they use Discord to communicate with all of them at the same time.

Seriously, with one child, it is easier for someone to use discord to contact him than for someone to send a txt a regular way. I will ask them for any advice or tricks that might help things on our end to not be finicky.
@Char would you pls PM me with what exactly makes it difficult? Thanks.

Otherwise, I might end up with the look.
You know the one. The silly, (Gen x, Boomer) technology is for kid, look.

@strem3kids You asked me what I was working on over in the stash busting area. I thought I would answer here. I am cross-stitching a 'Welcome to my Kitchen" picture. The kit included instructions, thread, fabric, and the hanger. I am hoping to be finished with it next week. I made quite a few mistakes as I went along. Until I got out my magnetic board/ pattern holder. With this particular pattern, it is easy to fix. I am not taking out any stitches. I am just adjusting the row count a bit here and there. It will be okay in the end because I am planning to venture off the pattern at the end and add some things to the hanging.

I finally finished a large project. Just over 5 feet long. Lucky is now “resting” across the back of my couch.

Lucky.jpg

I worked in my sewing room today. Finished up two quilts. I am going to get a couple more ready for my long armer. I’m enjoying time in there again. :slight_smile:

I was able to get some crocheting done during church service this morning. So far no one is bothered by my small constant movement. I was afraid people were going to call me out and ask me to stop. No one has seemed bothered. I am so thankful they do not care and are letting me keep my hands busy. At the moment keeping my hands busy is freeing up brain space and allowing me to listen and pay attention. I think I am making a bowl cozy. We will see…lol.

Right now we are making Cajun Shrimp potato salad. Fingers crossed it turns out as tasty as the cook online made it sound.

I finished my Patriot Eagle Lace socks in time to wear them for the Fourth of July tomorrow! The yarn is Chicken Lady Fiber Arts’ Patriot Collection which is the loveliest merino wool/nylon sock yarn. The stitch pattern for the lace is from Knitting-Bee’s stitch library and it is called the Eagle Lace stitch. I figured that an “eagle lace” stitch would be perfect for my patriotic socks and I do love it! I purposely made them “mirror twins” so that when I’m wearing them with shoes, you can see both the red and the blue. I am so excited to wear them tomorrow!

Patriot Eagle Lace Socks 3 July 22.jpg

Patriot Eagle Lace Sock Side 3 July 22.jpg

Patriot Eagle Lace Socks Top 3 July 22.jpg

Asked my computer IT son about the Discord video chat. He thinks it is just finicky. Usually people are playing games while chatting so it is not so much of a bother that it doesn’t work as smoothly as Zoom or Skype. He has no idea why I cannot see everyone all the time.

Thanks! I hope to see it when you have it finished …

So cute. My daughter-in-law made snakes for the grandkids. They still love them.

You are so industrious.

These are so festive! Enjoy your Fourth!

I hope everyone enjoys the day![IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/291408630_10221173606793812_2420115728742903240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Q2SJOfv6-N4AX_kyN0e&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT8mLfSL8aRrcayiawA9mY6OCZO3ukmE-yjCWB9UGpfJ6w&oe=62C6B5D1”}[/IMG2]

Have a happy and safe day!

0A8774EF-2EBE-4B74-AD21-4BB8C53A5EF3.jpg

I love this. It would make a great door draft dodger. What did you stuff it with??