July Chatter-

That is a lovely lace pattern.

You did a great job.

I’ve heard churches are realizing that knitting and crocheting relaxes people and makes them more able to concentrate.

@crosstitchlinda I was reading thru the posts on in the stashbusters weekly reporting. Your post made me giggle. You used the word, “some” and then I saw the points you attached to your weekly total. Lol. Your wording isn’t wrong…my interpretation of the word ‘some’ was. Lol. I was visualizing less than 10. Congratulations on the increase to your yarn stash. I hope you have fun with it and create lots of awesome projects.

I also giggled every time a military doctor says, “I’ll be right back” . Their idea of right back and my idea of it always differed. I expected 5 minutes or so…not 40-45.

There are vague terms I completely understand. Directional phrases like, Down a ways or After a while. I completely get. That means, relax and keep going and enjoy the drive, you will get there eventually and you won’t be able to miss your destination, or the next directional marker. (For example: “Go down a ways till you get to Sam’s barn. The street you want is after that.” …Lol. And, if you don’t ask, you never know if Sam is the man who owns the barn, or the animal that lives in it.)

Well, I “only” took half of what was there, I left “some”. I know some doesn’t really cover it. When I first mentioned it I wasn’t aware of how much the gentleman had. Then he told me he had a truckload!! Didn’t quite believe that until I saw it. And you know since this is all acrylic, I’ll still need to buy the superwash wool I use for Hats for Sailors every once in a while. However I have two grands who crochet and will be raiding the stash as needed.

That is fantastic.
I am so happy for you and your grands.

Slightly envious over here…lol.

Cute! And it would be a great use for all my yarn scraps!!! Even the teeny ones!

Beautiful! I hope you enjoyed your Independence Day!

Lol! This reminded me of my weekend…vague terms in crochet patterns do not work. I had to bin two patterns this week because the directions were missing key information and were impossible to follow. Trying to chart them didn’t even work. It’s too bad, because the pictures were lovely! I ended up going with a simple pattern by a designer I trust (Karen Whooley). At least I know I can complete the project. I just didn’t want to design it myself this time.

Did everyone have a nice 4th of July celebration? We went to a party about 5 miles from our house. We heard a lot of thunder rumbling but it never rained on us. We came home and could tell that it had really rained at our house. How perfect is that? My garden got watered but the party we attended stayed dry!

Oh, so cute! Nice work. :slight_smile:

@MBearMakes I cannot tell you how many times I have resorted to copying the picture because I can’t understand crochet directions.

Wow!!

Well timed!

We didn’t do anything special.

We just had a little family cookout in the backyard since my son is Covid+ but my daughter still isn’t. It was nice, fewer dishes, and I got to spin for a while outdoors. I’m still a little tired this week, off and on. I went to bed and didn’t stay up to watch the “Pops Goes the 4th” on tv, the big shindig in Boston where thousands gather on the Esplanade to hear the Boston Pops and watch the fireworks afterward.

We did our cookout on the 3rd and had a quiet 4th. Woke up today to rain!! YAY We got over 2 inches overnight and this am.

@hereami - I just used polyfil and, occasionally, scraps and cut-off tails of yarn.

I forgot to add the pattern:

“Cyrano the Bookworm” by Tahlia Fernandez, pattern available on LoveCrafts and Etsy.

Good morning and happy WIP Wednesday!

I’m hoping to finish a crochet baby blanket today for delivery tonight.

I started this quilt on Monday. I have all of the half square triangle squares sewn, and three blocks done.

DEC6DF20-2103-4BC6-9592-F6CFE4E73E3C.png

Love the stars and stripe theme. That center blue square is very pretty.

I am at the point in my cross stitch where I can begin outlining and adding special stitches.
This is a fun step in the project. The outlining will follow the pattern but the special stitches is a step where I can add My own personal touches. Special stitches, charms, beads…whatever makes me happy.

The crochet blue thing is what I have been working on in church. I am pretty sure it will be a small bag. I plan on putting some of my daughters discarded mini stuffy toys in and give it away.

wipJuly.jpg