July 2023 Chatter

Happy 4th of July! What are you doing to celebrate?

We are going to an outdoor party at friends but I’m not too excited since it is 90 degrees and humid. The only time I enjoy being out in that kind of heat is if I’m floating in a pool.

4 Likes

We went to our daughter’s for a cookout. Ate outside but spent most of the rest of the time indoors in the cool air. This is not a good time for my car’s A./C to go out.

3 Likes

Oh dear! :pray:

1 Like

Went by my sister in law’s house for a relaxing afternoon. We were going to fireworks but I decided to come home with my daughter because I made an eye doctor appointment before work today (I should have thought about 7/5 is the day after 7/4 before taking that 07:30 slot)

WIP Wednesday: imy four day KAL
Worked Monday 7/3 so not major progress that day
Processing: 660A4DAF-9670-48AB-947A-5EF6722E26C3.jpeg…
Processing: 722DBB98-4776-4FCB-A54D-80F873BC683B.jpeg…
Processing: CCF1B0BE-CE22-4772-A66A-53F2E90FB72B.jpeg…

3 Likes

Hi! I just saw something cool over on the Hobbii website. They are doing competitions for different types of knitting and crochet projects. You send in a picture and people vote on their favorites. It looks fun and there are prizes for at least one of them. Right now the categories are tops, granny squares and summer amigurumi.

3 Likes

Haha - I wondered where everyone was. :woman_facepalming:

I’m finishing assembling the top for my brother’s quilt then maybe a small border or two. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope we will be Zoom meeting today so I can ply you with my spinning escapades and progress for Spin de Fleece 2023. :wink: Get it?

6 Likes

The finished yarn which is approx 408 yds of Fingering weight 2-ply of a Merino Bamboo Silk blend.

10 Likes

Mmm… mouthwatering.

1 Like

Hello and happy Sunday!!!

I sent my brother’s quilt off to be quilted yesterday. Forgot to take a picture before hand. Oh well.

My DH asked me to make him some reusable shopping bags so I am making those today. And enjoying the beautiful afternoon. It is 80 degrees here but seems to be low humidity. The birds are chirping and it is a beautiful sunny day. :sunny:

Hope you all are well! :fk:

2 Likes

Talking about birds chirping -

I had been working in the garage all day painting all the pieces of my headboard/footboard bench and for most of the day it was peaceful. I took a break and when I came back, there was so much bird squawking going on that I went out front and looked around. I didn’t notice any activity, just squawking. When my husband came out, they were still squawking and I pointed it out to him. He said that usually means there is an owl or hawk hanging around. Sure enough, he spotted a big hawk sitting up in one of the trees and birds were dive bombing the hawk but he didn’t even flinch.

The good news is my bench is completely painted! I’m going to let it cure in the garage for a few days and then hubby will assemble it. After working on it for me, hubby admits it is a really cool project. Photos coming soon.

5 Likes

A brief interlude, a pause in embroidery while I deal with a minor eye issue that messes up my ability to focus my right eye. (Honestly, I probably could embroider just fine with my usual magnifier setup; bit of a mental block, though.) This is the French Beaded Miniature Rose from Bead and Blossom, made of 11/0 glass seed beads. I’d have made it a little fuller like the pattern shows, but was limiting myself to stock on hand. It still looks very nice as-is. I don’t have a suitable vase, so I’ll try printing one in the next few days.

6 Likes

Amazing! I remember doing those little Mill Hill beaded ornaments and pins before knitting took over!

1 Like

Cast on for this simple shawl pattern with my Merino Silk Bamboo fingering wt yarn a few days ago.

5 Likes

I made a zippy bag today :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Lavender. I’m running low on wire, so maybe once I work off the rest of what I have, the beaded flower itch will be out of my system and I can return to thread-y things.

6 Likes

I love the Mill Hill ornaments! I did a bunch of those too.

1 Like

I’ve been busy this week. I got the headboard/footboard bench all painted, harvested my garlic and some beets, canned a batch of pickled beets, and stir fried all the beet greens. Hubby will be assembling the bench soon but I wanted the paint to cure in the garage for a few days. Thank goodness we left it in the garage. We had a huge amount of rain today. We totally needed it but it was a lot for one rainfall. Our in-ground pool was overflowing which has never happened before. The normal water level is about 6" below the pool decking. It doesn’t cause problems when it overflows so no big deal but it shows that we got a lot of rain. After all the rain, the tornado sirens went off. We didn’t get one but there were some in the area.

1 Like

I defrosted both freezers this week. My side of beef came in so we went and picked it up Wednesday. I now have two very full deep freezes. I had to take some of the grains out of the freezer until they empty a little.

3 Likes

I had a tooth extracted on Tuesday, so I’ve just been chilling and knitting on my PIK Shark Week Challenge socks. They are coming along pretty well and should be done in time!

4 Likes