January 2023

Oh, yes! That’s what I am talking about! I don’t really know if it was balsa wood, but it was just that thin! :smile:

2 Likes

Oh my…Yes. Cold flashes.
I made a shawlette out of this pattern. I wear it tied/pinned up close to the neck and decolletage… more like a cowl.

https://wilmade.com/jaycee-butterfly-shawl/

1 Like

That is beautiful! I’ve always been a sucker for butterflies :heart_eyes:

1 Like

In recent years i have done several shawls from.kits. All of them were lacey. It was a new skill for me and i really enjoyed it.
it isnt as hard as it looks.
Lacey patterns show up best on light colors and solid colors. But you knew that.
Go for it!

2 Likes

I decided to reward all of my WIP progress with a new quilt top. Started it last night so it went fast. This was a batch of blocks from QFK material. I believe it will be enjoyed by a child. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s really pretty yarn. I love knitting small shawls. I typically wear them as a scarf. I have made a few bigger shawls. If she is looking for something that will offer warmth, I don’t think lacy is the answer. I would look for a pattern that had mostly garter or stockinette with some lace or cabled edges. Also, I would go for coverage. Some shawls are so scrawny they feel like you’ve wrapped a scarf around your shoulders. My favorite shawl for warmth is one of those big triangular ones. I have seen some cute crescent shaped shawls with garter stitch on the top and a big cable along the bottom.

ETA: watch out for the shawls that have really long, skinny sides. I find those really annoying. It’s hard to figure out what to do with them and they offer no purpose.

2 Likes

Incase you all are wondering how a bit of rain can bother us here in Ca. Well…its a lot of rain. So much so…the run off is a major issue. In this picture i am showing a pillar located outside my grocery store. The water has decided to come out the grout between the cinderblocks.

1 Like

I’ve completed my first make of 2023! Actually I started it in November last year but stuff got in the way. It’s a granny square jacket for my daughter.

7 Likes

Wow!

The black and white is stunning! Beautful.

1 Like

@HeatherAthebyne I have a general question how can I pin a topic? I would like to pin the weekly results in the 2023 stashdown thread but can’t figure out how to do that.

1 Like

I’ve made you a moderator of the group so you should have the ability to do so now – there will be a separate wrench button on threads for these purposes. I went ahead and pinned that thread for you, but you should be able to make any other similar changes now too.

2 Likes

Thank you – I think! Luckily that group doesn’t need much moderation.

1 Like

Two finished projects in two days! I’ve been meaning to do this Pikachu for my daughter since last year, finally got to do it.

I’m not sure if I’ll be doing a Pokemon as my monthly amigurumi project for 2023, but it’s looking more likely every day.

6 Likes

Too cute! I think 12 months of Pokémon might be in order.

2 Likes

Supercute!

1 Like

I love Pikachu! We used to watch the tv show when the kids were little, so that brings back fond memories.

3 Likes

FO Friday…just finished my Color Bomb Blanket today.
Pattern: Color Explosion Throw from MDK book Marls
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava Sort
Needles: US #10

8 Likes

That is very cool!

1 Like

I found a bag of new little socks in my craft supplies. I bought them when I was making lots of beaded socks for my nieces. My nieces are all grown so I decided to bead all of them and donate them to charity.

Here are the two pairs I made today.

7 Likes