It is FiberKind's First Birthday!

I hope it goes better for you! Thank you for persevering!

I’m with you. I’m on my third pattern but don’t like any of them once done. I’m going back to the drawing board one more time, then I’ll probably get tired of looking for the “perfect” one and just make something and it will be fine.

What a wonderful idea! I’d like to join. Unfortunately, I don’t have any acrylic yarn in my stash, so need to do some shopping :wink: Hopefully, I’ll manage to buy yarn by the end of next week.

Yay!!! So glad you are joining in!!!

@pinesprairie I went through the same thing, especially with the crochet patterns. Finally found one that worked. Then I played and ripped several times before finding a good pattern that fits the size. Good luck!

I participated in making squares for charity blankets and had such a hard time getting to the right size. Once I had the right yarn, crochet hook and # of cast on stitches, I stuck with that pattern because I was tired of experimenting.

Yep, lots of swatching happening here but, I’ve got it now! I think qfknits’ Goldilocks story says it all. Gonna go take my goodies out to the fire pit and sit there while dinner cooks. Maybe I’ll get it done before dark!

@Char So am I! Thank you for organising it!

Well, this isn’t going to work, already too big. I took a chance because I stitch pretty tightly. But just couldn’t do it. Not quite finished, didn’t finish squaring it off and probably won’t. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Need to find something less bulky. Haven’t crocheted for a while, fun to do it.

flower.jpg

wow! Very cheery!

I think it looks great, it kind of makes me think about cake! It’s hard to tell how big it is, but it looks like a lot of work to start over.

So pretty!!

I think it would make a lovely pillow. :slight_smile:

@qfknit, good idea!.It’s already 10 inches with a few rounds to go.

Question: Are we supposed to block our rectangles before shipping out?

Also, the participation seems very high,which is fantastic, so we might even get two blankets.

Wouldn’t two blankets be wonderful?

I am not blocking mine, it’s nice sized and doesn’t pull or anything in any directions. If you think it needs blocked, go for it. Otherwise, it should be ok. :slight_smile:

My second one was rolling like crazy so I blocked both of them.

Hi all!

I just have to tell y’all how happy it makes me to see the participation in the birthday project! I find myself checking in just to see the next block that’s been posted. Everyone’s work is impeccable!

This site has come a long way in the past year. It’s given so many of us a welcome crafting home and an opportunity for new and amazing friends.

Thank you & much love!

It makes me giddy. So many friends, and such a kind place. I am happy to call you “my FiberKind family” as I do often do.

Couldn’t agree more. What started as an escape has turned into a haven (or is it like heaven?) and I’ve oft repeated that it’s a very special place and is the only on-line place for me.