It is FiberKind's First Birthday!

I appreciate each of you more than you know. Together we have made this forum a safe and crafty place to learn, share, and grow. Reflecting over the past year is quite emotional – so much has gone on that has affected each one of us. Together we have gotten through it and we are stronger today because of it.

If someone had told me a year ago, I would be knitting socks TAAT, weaving, and the happy owner of this wonderful online crafting community, I would have looked at them like they were loony. But what a wonderful journey this has been.

To celebrate this past year, I would like to ask for your help. I would like to collect 9” x 12” knit or crochet pieces to assemble a blanket. You’ll send the pieces to our volunteer assembler. Each block finished and sent will be an entry in a drawing to receive the blanket after assembly. When creating your piece, please consider the following:

• Please use a 100% acrylic worsted weight (4) yarn
  • Please be sure the final piece measures 9” by 12"
Upon completion, you'll post the picture of your finished piece in the finished squares thread. I'll PM you with the address to send your square to go into the project. This project will go through July 31, 2020, for assembly in August. You may send and enter more than one piece if you would like. If anyone has difficulties with this process, please PM me as I don't want to leave anyone who wishes to participate behind.

Have fun!

We have a partial donor for the out of the country shipping! Yay! Everyone who makes a piece will be eligible to win the blanket - including those outside the United States (though delays may occur if there are shipping restrictions due to the current pandemic). We also have a volunteer for the piecing of the blanket. You guys are so awesome.

Oh what an awesome idea.

Happy Birthday FiberKind :fk: What a fun idea @Char on the 2019/20 blanket :yarn:. Would you consider weaving or even a tapestry piece? Thank You Char for all you do.

Upon consultation with the person piecing it together, the piece should be easy to crochet around and blanket like. If it fits that, she can piece it in. :slight_smile: We are in agreement - it would be awesome to have some woven pieces in it. I might have to go down this road as well :slight_smile:

@Char, tapestry might be a bit to stiff (this is a new thing I’m doing) I don’t think weaving would be a problem. Might have others input. Its the putting together thats so important. Going to be fun!

I was kind of thinking the same as you @Fiber Passion - I can’t wait to see what you do!

It’s like a Community Quilt! What a great idea.

It is a wonderful idea - however I can’t claim it. Another FiberKind member came up with it. :slight_smile:

Superb idea!

My piece will most likely be done in Red Heart Super Saver “Americana”… patriotic red, white, and blue.
:slight_smile:

@Fiber Passion Yarn tapestry? Very cool. Maybe the person who’s putting it together could put those squares towards the outside so stiffness would be on the sides. I think it’d be worth a try.

Time to go stash diving! I have this old book of knitting stitches that was passed on to me from a dear old friend who has passed away. I haven’t had a good project to try a neat stitch. I think I’ll experiment with a new pattern!

Or pick one that’s your favorite - then whoever wins the blanket has a piece of you!

What a wonderful idea!! Love @qfknit’s idea of using red white and blue!!

@pinesprairie - I typically knit socks and shawls so I don’t have a favorite pattern for a blanket square - actually a rectangle!

Great idea!
Is there a particular color scheme we should be aiming for?

Nope :slight_smile: Whatever makes you happy.

I wanted to share the book my older friend gave me. It has 100 patterns to choose from. Check out the price in the upper right corner. :slight_smile: The copyright date is 1982.

629B81F2-5133-42D9-868F-7A6B8A931506.jpeg

How do you choose just one!?!? :slight_smile:

No wonder you want to pick something from it!