Is it just me? I'm excited about knitting again

I used to work for several years hosting IRC chat before the dotcom bust. I made some wonderful friends there and 20+ years later we are still close even though we’re all over the world. (I met my husband there - our 21st anniversary was last April.) We had our fair share of trolls and SNERTS but we were all invested in the community we built and worked together to shut them down. Our community was a Religions and Spiritualities Forum so we had a wiiiiiiiide range of disparate groups of people from every spiritual path imaginable. We required respectful interaction and no prostalyzation and we got along just fine. There were rooms for Christians and rooms for Pagans and rooms for Muslims etc. The most popular room of the 30+ rooms in our forum was The Reflecting Pool, the interfaith room.

Sorry for rambling… my point is that I never had a sense that R and the majority of it’s users were ever particularly invested in the community there. I don’t know if it is the current political environment or if the times have just changed that much in the past two decades, but what was once seen as an incredible tool that provided an opportunity to bring people from all over the planet closer together has become socially weaponized to tear us apart.

It’s sad.

It’s incredibly sad.

I just completed a garland of 6 mini bears and bunnies as a baby shower gift (and to use up some organic wool I have had stashed for years). Started with the basic little cotton rabbit pattern options and then headed off into my own direction - the design is so adaptable and great way to get the knitting creativity going! Cannot recommend it enough.

I’m glad there is a site that isn’t so politically charged. Also lets just talk knitting non of this PC bs.

I love it.

Rene

Glad to have you here! Welcome!

Come on in, the water’s fine.

This site just gets better and better

Thank you! I’m now always on the lookout for sources of patterns and pattern ideas. Having various sites may not be as convenient as what I was used to, but I’ll make it work and fairmountfibers looks like a good place to search.

It’s not just you! I absolutely stopped knitting when the Ravelry shenanigans happened. I was so shocked and felt betrayed by my community. But when I discovered the #walkawayfromravelry world, I knew I wasn’t alone! I’m starting the Betsy Ross Beanie and I started and finished a Christmas stocking. I just smile when I knit now❤️

Welcome! I look forward to hearing more about your knitting and any other interests you’d like to share. Have you looked at the groups?

That is me too!I’m so happy to be here, the enthusiasm is contagious!:grin:

@MissDana, its wonderful you’ve joined this community of crafters. I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the outpouring of friendliness and support from the members of FiberKind! Welcome :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Finding this site has been such a blessing! The wonderful community here has me picking up my needles and knitting more than I have in a long time. Even my kiddos have noticed and commented on the uptick in my knitting😊

off topic-
@runner5, love the screen name! Are you a fellow Zombies Run! fan by any chance?

YES!!! That’s where the name came from obviously (cause if you knew me, you’d know I’m not a runner ha ha!!) eta: The scripture in your signature is a verse I memorized and treasure!

Thank you, that verse does seem to resonate with a lot of people. I know it certainly speaks to me.