February Sock KAL - CHAT

This will give you a better look at the pattern. This is as tall as I’ll be making this pair as Harmoni will wear them with ankle boots and she doesn’t like them to rise too far above the boot. Once I get the other sock to this point I’ll be doing the heels. It really is an easy to master and enjoyable technique. I’m loving it! I’m really glad that @Nyssareen shared this pattern.
[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20220213_122406~2.jpg Views: 0 Size: 235.1 KB ID: 123675”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“123675”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH]

They are SO pretty already!

@Nyssareen - That is a pretty mosaic pattern–it would be also be pretty with a dark color for the contrast and then a bright/light color the pattern.

@lovestostitch–It really shouldn’t be hard to do without a pattern, then, since it’s so straightforward. I did a test knit here on FK for someone with a mosaic pattern and it really wasn’t hard at all, but it definitely needed a pattern to follow!

@KnitsWithHorses - It will be interesting to see the comparison of the two!

Ooh, I love her pattern for those socks! It looks like it would be easy to do without much of a pattern once you get started.

Stunning!

@KnitsWithHorses - @Nyssareen - NICE! :slight_smile: May I ask, where was the pattern shared… ? Is there a link?

@qfknit The link is further up in this group, but I will paste it here too, just to make it easier on you to find.

https://knitty.com/ISSUEss19/PATTgothix/PATTgothix.php

New Cast-on with a new to me technique: an elongated stitch pattern and incorporating some of my first-year hand-dyed, handspun sock yarn. It’s a little stiff, but I love the colors!
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:124231}[/ATTACH]

I love the colors! It looks so Springy and I needed a dash of Spring as I look out my window at a grey, dreary day with pouring rain.

Yes please to those colors! And the subtle pattern is great for the Color changing yarn. Is that created by slipping the “long” stitch every other round?

It is a 3-row repeat, so it is actually wrapped twice on row 1 and slipped on rows 2 and 3. I’m going to frog the handspun, though and decrease the toe by a few stitches because of the difference in gauge on my handspun.

@Nyssareen - THANK YOU for posting the pattern link ( https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorized/virtual-yarnies/128134-5-6-22-zoom?p=128136#post128136 ) again, so I could find it easily!
:slight_smile: