February 2023

Wow! What a relented mom. Is she a teacher?

2 Likes

She wants to give it to her boyfriend for Valentine’s day, but she said she might want one for herself too. They both really love stuffies. Last year I gave her a bunch of stuffed knitted mushrooms and she went nuts for them. She’s one I love to make things for because she gets so excited about them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grin:

2 Likes

Calling all embroiderers. What stitch do you think the bucket handle is?

2 Likes

Looks like a bunch of straight stitches worked parallel to each other at an angle.

1 Like

Ooh, pretty! I love those colors!

2 Likes

Wow, you are so creative. Your family is very lucky to have you to make wonderful things for them!

2 Likes

I’ve been working on my WIPs, but mostly, I’ve just been swatching and frogging, trying to find a project for my Yarn Love Mr. Darcy fingering weight yarn. I think I am almost there. I am now trying to design what I want for myself. This is the yarn. Very soft (as it has yak fiber) and has lived through lots of abuse so far!!

5 Likes

I love this! They are 1cm long in the wild.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorunna_parva

2 Likes

oh wow. This sounds wonderful. I am on a mission to work my stash down this year…but, this i tempting. What color did you choose? Also, I have some fingering weight looking for a project. What special thing are you thinking of making for yourself?

I hope I have enough of these colors to make a proper blanket. I needed some big color therapy this week. The funeral I went to was the first burial I had been to that had a gun salute and played Taps. Wow…so powerful and emotional when witnessing in person. (I really had to control the tears when he handed the folded flag to the widow.)

2 Likes

A word of caution about using yarn with Yak in it. I used a merino/yak/nylon blend for socks. They were beautiful and so soft. Each time I would wear them, I would get large fuzzballs forming on the bottom of the socks. I soon had socks that were very threadbare on the bottoms. The top and leg were fine. I don’t have this problem with my merino/nylon socks that are from the same undyed yarn company.

I recommend you use it for something that will be low abrasion - like a scarf or cowl. It will feel great but the yarn won’t get a lot of rubbing,

2 Likes

Well, I finally sat at my sewing machine and stitched last night. This is the pattern I am making:

Teeny tiny pieces - it should keep me occupied for a few days. Most of it is cut out now so I can fly on the blocks.

4 Likes

My first four squares. They are only 7.25” square. I’m used to bigger results. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I missed this comment before. I have a cold and my brain is fuzzy so I’m not sure what you’re asking! The “sea bunny” is for my 14-year-old niece, not sure where she found it, probably an internet thing.

2 Likes

Oh, I can imagine that must have been so moving!

The color is called “Say Cabernet”. She has some gorgeous colors!

1 Like

I hope today helped! (Well except for that “scare”.)
I know, bad grammar and punctuation. :neutral_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s awesome @Nyssareen ! Love it!

1 Like

Good morning and happy Saturday !!

Do you have plans for the weekend? Today I am off to a Quilts for Kids meeting and sew day. Fun. :slight_smile:

Did finish anything this week?

1 Like

Yes, Thank you. All is well.
I learned so much from @LizB about Boxers…now I want one.

Seems like every time I participate in a zoom I come away with new ideas. This time not only am I thinking I need another dog. I think I should try weaving, spinning, and that spindle thing. (the one that spins like a top), Oh and of course I brought my embroidery thread back out for a quick project. :wink:

@Char I finished a blanket, I will try to post the pictures soon. Working on another one. Which will be my super bowl Wip for tomorrow.

2 Likes

I took the advice I got on Zoom and tried 4 strands of embroidery floss instead of 6 and it does look better.

3 Likes

I wish I could attend some of the Zoom meetings! Well, I’m sure someday I will be able to do that.

I am thinking of getting a dog, although it will definitely be mine alone as no one else is interested! Just thinking of the fence and gates we’ll need to install!

2 Likes