February 2023

It’s the second so I thought I’d start the Feb thread. It seems the groundhog saw his shadow today, so 6 more weeks of winter. Since winter just arrived here with a vengeance I’m not surprised. At least we are getting a few sunny days.

4 Likes

It certainly feels wintry here. We haven’t had any snow yet, but I’m kind of okay with that this year because of the huge storm last January :smile:

3 Likes

Hello and happy February!!!

It is cold today, 50s early next week.

I just found out my neighbor two doors down is the president of one of the local quilt guilds. Who knew! Lol

3 Likes

Tonight in CT we have -30 degrees F windchill. I’m supposed to go out tonight, but part of me hopes we reschedule!

3 Likes

That is so cool, @Char! At some point in the future I want to start a charity crafting group, preferably at my church. I would like to meet some people face to face who enjoy the same things as I do. However, timing is not right at the moment. I hope you enjoy that new connection!

4 Likes

Happy February everyone.
Looking forward to seeing what awesome things we do this month.

I am hoping to have a project or two finished this month. That is…if I don’t get distracted and start a completely new one.

Does anyone have anything Finished this Friday?

2 Likes

Does my county tax filing count? :laughing:

2 Likes

I finished beading all the little socks I had in my stash - 34 pairs! I also cleaned up my box of pony beads. I’m going to donate the socks to a charity and the pony beads too. I was thinking an elementary school teacher might like them.

8 Likes

I finished this lovely girl last week for the distant relative’s birthday.
Yarn: Drops Safran
Hook: 2 mm
Pattern: Anne by Kru Toys (Kseniya Krupskaya)

9 Likes

She’s so sweet :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

I finished this “spa set” for my family Christmas party, which was on Wednesday. Since my sister and brother-in-law were visiting their son in the Philippines over Christmas, we postponed our larger family party until now so everyone could make it (excluding my nephew and his husband who are in the Philippines, there are 20 people, so getting everyone to be available at the same time takes some doing!). We do a white elephant gift swap game, which is always the highlight of the party and it was as fun as usual. My sister, niece, dil, and sil were all fighting over my gift (within the confines of the game, no blood was spilled!), so I must have done something right! The other pictures are of the party because it was so much fun! We did a Lunar New Year theme as our mother’s favorite food was anything Chinese and her birthday is close to the day we had the party, so we went with that. We all made different things, so there was a LOT of food. My homemade almond and Meyer lemon cookies were definitely a hit! :yum:

8 Likes

Yum! I want to be part of your family!

2 Likes

I finished my first tea towel. I tidied up the messy back but I 'm going to work harder on the next one to get the back to look nicer.

8 Likes

I love it! I have some embroidered tea towels from my grandma and my great-aunt, but I have always wanted to make some of my own. With the level of RA action I have in my hands these days, holding an embroidery needle is pretty painful these days, but they are starting me back on the biologic, so maybe someday soon I can! :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Good call on changing the heart color! Looks great!

2 Likes

I really like the suggestion of adding lilac. It adds a lot of interest. Thanks @LizB.

4 Likes

Good morning everyone. I really enjoy looking at everything, but this time of year I’m afraid I get rather quiet.

I’ve also hit a creative block. I haven’t started a new quilt since I finished the pink and gray one. And I haven’t picked up a WIP. What the heck!

Well, just before bed last night I decided today I would tackle this quilt. :crazy_face::scream:. I have to decide on colors. I was thinking about adding a pop of red, or making it all blue. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wow! Can’t wait to see that one!

2 Likes

It’ll wake you up in the morning huh?

1 Like

I can’t wait to see how the blocks create that design.

1 Like