February 2023

Upon drinking my coffee this morning I decided this would wait to be my next quilt. Doing something a little easier today. These were practice blocks. I am going to use red in the middle instead so it will pop a little better.

4 Likes

Sometimes we need an easier project!

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know about anyone else but I’m definitely looking for easier projects to start this month - January exhausted me! I do look forward to seeing the labyrinth one, but this one also looks like another fabulous make from Char.

2 Likes

I’ve done a couple of minor projects - some fingerless gloves to go with my Midwinter Murder scarf, both of which are now with my son; and my February Pokemon, Gengar.

6 Likes

My second embroidered tea towel. The back of this one looks a lot better than the first.

6 Likes

I’d dream about following the maze/non-maze! :smiley:

1 Like

@Char I hope things at work kinda even out soon. Your quilt pattern choices are always lovely. Can’t wait to see how this new one turns out.

@lovestostitch Love your towels. How many are you going to make?
@Lemming13 Those are great gifts, I am sure your son enjoyed them.

I have a funeral to attend this week. So, I will be working completely easy projects this week. A simple bottom up triangle scarf, a new blanket. I am thinking of trying this pattern for the blanket. Has anyone made something with this pattern? It looks like I can use a lot of yarn from my stash for it. And, it looks very easy once I get it set up and if I can maintain my tension.

Mini Check Plaidhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh8QsmYEHZs

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

I accomplished making 25 of the 28 plain blue granny squares for the Summer Granny Squares blanket but hit a roadblock yesterday with a sore L hand at the base of my thumb and forefinger, so I must have overdone it. So because of that, I’ve done some reading on my kindle app. It’s funny how you can get so involved in a silly fiction book. It’s a Harry Potter genre book about an enchanted house, 1st of a series by Charlie N. Holmberg. I really should be reading more Classic literature, but now I have to see how it ends.

4 Likes

Crocheting bothers my hands too. I can only do small amounts.

1 Like

I don’t have a plan with the tea towels, just having fun making them,

1 Like

Just want to share a stash buster pattern
“Millcroft shawl” from Knitscene winter 2018 (can download issue at interweave.com)

It’s easy (advanced beginner could do)
Written for 5 colors of DK. You can easily switch to backup colors if you run out.

Could make a larger version with worsted yarn and bigger needles too

3 Likes

Anyone want to buy a yarn shop?

Magpies cottage in Sheboygan Falls WI is for sale.
Owner is going to take business online only plus teach classes if the retail business is not purchased

https://www.magpiescottage.net/

2 Likes

I have read a couple of books by Charlie Holmberg. I believe I enjoyed them. I thought the fantasy world was different and interesting. Sometimes – or often, depending how life is going – mind candy is good for you! :hugs:

1 Like

I am sorry your hand hurts. hope you feel better soon.

Love that you are reading. I have a mystery sitting on my living room table, and a Hemingway in audio book form on my phone.

1 Like

Hello and happy WIP Wednesday? What are you working on? I’m working on getting inspired. I haven’t sewn anything that inspires me in nearly a week. A couple blocks here or there, but nothing takes hold. I’m hoping to spend some time this afternoon in my sewing room after work. We’ll see.

2 Likes

I grabbed some bright yarn from my stash to start another blanket.

@Char I hope you are able to relax in your craft room today.

4 Likes

I pulled out a big piece of ugly fabric. I’m challenging myself to make something beautiful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My 14-year-old niece sent me this picture and asked if I would be able to knit something like it.
Lauren Request
Apparently, it is a sea mollusk called jorunna parva but it is commonly referred to as a “sea bunny.” I told her I could probably come up with something as it wasn’t a very complex structure and now I am working on it. I did find a picture and pattern for a crochet one, but (as I expected) no knitted ones, so I’m just making it up as I go. I’m doing it seamless in the round and so far I just have the beginning of a potato shape. In a few more rounds, I am going to pick up stitches and do the “ears” in black and then I’ll do the same with the little “tail” thing at the back before I stuff it and close the end. I also have some little black safety eyes but I’m going to ask her if she wants it to have eyes or not before I put them in.

4 Likes

What is her plan for her knitted sea mollusk?

1 Like