February 2022 ❤️

Although I don’t have any FOs this week, I want to show you what I did last month.
A doily Pattern is Idunn by Zoya Matyushenko (I didn’t complete a full pattern as I didn’t have enough yarn)
Yarn: Alizee Diva
Hook: 1.6 mm

A hood for my husband
Didn’t use any pattern, just my own calculations. It’s super warm, as I made the hood double, and used mohair thread for outer layer. For the first time I used elastic thread for the ribbons. I like the result for it’s stretching but keeps the shape. The elastic thread is very thin, not visible in the fabric.
Yarn: Unknown wool (might be superwash merino) and mohair.
Needles: 2.75 mm, 3 mm, 3.25 mm

Mittens for my husband and a hat for my older son

A pair of socks is knitted using my hand dyed yarn.

IMG_20220131_132327.jpg

IMG_20220131_132304.jpg

IMG_20220131_132109.jpg

IMG_20220131_131937.jpg

That would make a beautiful wrap!

You had a productive month with beautiful results!

I am making my niece a Hedwig, from the Harry Potter Knitting Magic, for her 30th birthday in a few weeks. I made a grey one for my sister-in-law last year, just out of acrylic, but I decided that I wanted to do it closer to the recommended yarn in the pattern. I found some white and white/black spotted cotton yarn, not the brand specified in the pattern, but Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. I finished the main part of the body and the first tailfeather, which is all one piece that ends with drawing the yarn through the remaining 6 stitches, but when I tried to pull it closed, the yarn broke in the middle of the last stitch! I thought it must have been just the bad luck of a weak spot in the yarn, so I pulled out the tailfeather, rejoined the yarn at the base of the body, and started the tailfeather out, only to have the yarn break again! So I just took hold of the yarn in another spot, pulled, and it broke again. Just to make sure I wasn’t mistaken that cotton should be a very strong yarn, I got one of the Lily Sugar 'n Cream balls from my stash and tried to break it and it wouldn’t break, even when my very strong son and brother both tried. So has anyone else ever had worsted weight cotton yarn that breaks easily when you pull on it in multiple locations in the ball? I am just flabbergasted and ANNOYED as hell because I got this yarn specifically for this project and can’t replace it at the moment!

Ouch! We keep a bottle of aloe with lidocaine in the fridge for occasions just like this! There is nothing more soothing on a fresh burn (sunburns included, this is the desert!) than nice, cool aloe with wonderful lidocaine! Hope your hand feels better soon. :heart:

Everything is so wonderful. I wish I could come up with my own patterns like that.

Bummer. Sounds like you got a very defective ball. You could contact Lily. They might send you a replacement but it will probably take awhile.

Surely it’s a defective batch! I’ve used Handicrafter and never had an issue. Surely they will replace it but it really stinks that you cant finish a gift. Did you order it online? If it’s from a store maybe they would replace it?

You’ve been busy, and with such lovely things!

Love the colors :). Do you usually do triangle or rectangle wraps?

Got the lining for my jacket sewn today. This project was not for the faint of heart! It took me all afternoon, and I had to add steeks in the sleeves because they were a little too tight, but now it’s all good. Even got the zipper in. Next … hand sew it into the knitted jacket.

IMG_20220205_151234818sm.png

I think it will be with it - it looks like a cozy lining. :slight_smile:

Before I sew it in, I think I’m going to add at least one inside pocket. I need pockets!

It’s all lovely, but that hood! The socks are my favorite colors.

Today was a good day.

My cat Bailey came home today (he was in ICU), his kidney function is much better, and is making sure everything is where he left it, using all of the litter boxes, and no fights have ensued.

My folks from Michigan are here for a few days - we played some canasta, and anticipate more while they are in town.

And there is less snow and ice on the roads.

Today was a good day.

It will be an amazing sweater.

So glad to hear Bailey is home. Have fun with your family.

it has been snowing for several days now and every place is covered with snow - my husband uses the snowblower and it falls on me to shovel the stairs (all 4 of them) - the temperature is just around freezing, so the snow is wet and heavy - a good workout for me!

@Char
I have an equal number of both. I love and wear them both. Which opens up a lot of pattern options, but it also gives me too many options. LOL. I am going to wind the yarn this week. Perhaps even knit and crochet up a swatch to see what the dye pattern is going to do.

Since I bought the yarn on sale she would not wind it for me. I don’t have a swift or winder, so I will have lots of time to get to know this yarn.

Happy Monday! I am challenging myself this month to spread a little love in my community. I am thinking of making some WUA squares (and encouraging my knitting group to join with me). Perhaps some Red, White, and Blue to assemble into a blanket or lapghans for our local VA Med Center (we have 2 in Boston.) Or donate to one of the many shelters in town. WUA is having a fund-raising drive as well, if you are into it, they are giving a 90 pattern booklet to anyone donating $30 or more, so that’s an extra incentive. It has beautiful color pictures.
https://warmupamerica.org/anniversary/

Copy of SocialGraphic_4.jpg