February 2022 ❤️

Sophie no doubt.

She knows how to get warm!!

@LizB Should we bombard you with pictures of snow?

This is a small portion of what we are supposed to get. About the same as Laurel has. Wind is gusting here in the country. Guys are having trouble keeping up with the streets. Can’t tell my neighbor plowed before he hit the streets today.

F0148FCE-42D4-4C1F-BD98-63889093408C.jpeg

@LizB - just to give you an idea of how we roll…

https://abcn.ws/3G8Gf1j

I am working on blankets this month. I have two from last year that I want to finish, but the one I want to work on is the stashbuster I started this year. 5 strands held as 1: 2 strands of Lion Brand Mandala, 1 strand of an unknown fingering/sport mill end, 1 strands of Yarn Bee Cozy Toes, and 1 strand of dark-colored fingering (currently dark purple).

Book Reader's Blanket - Feb. 2, '22.jpg

What a wonderful and funny thing to do. Just to put a smile on some faces! That is awesome.

I love that color! They are coming along great!

At the moment we are flirting with spring. Some almond trees are beginning to bloom. It was in the upper 60’s here today, but it is below freezing every night.
​​​​A snow pea sowed itself by the shed apparently. It’s already a foot tall and has a blossom. I guess I should plant some in the garden.

I meant to post this earlier but I keep dozing off and forgetting what I’m doing. This is what I’ve been working on while I’m sick. It is fun and using up lots of stash and I can stop at any point in time without anything getting messed up.

IMG_20220202_234941__01.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it! :slight_smile:

Natalie, I’m so sorry you’ve been sick. I hear being very tired is one of the symptoms. Your blanket is beautiful - is that a 10-stitch? I tried 10-stitch once, but kept getting messed up, lol

view from our window yesterday - with more snow in the forecast for tomorrow

winter view from our window.jpg

@knitter131 It’s a ten stitch but it’s Tunisian crochet. Isn’t that clever? The gal who converted it had the permission of the lady who designed the knitted one. I found the corners tricky at first but now I don’t even have to look at the pattern anymore. Pretty much like with the knitted one.

@Nyssareen I am doing about the same thing. LOL… My physical therapist had to ask me to take of the heavy ’ winter socks’ so he could see what I was doing with my feet/arches. He was slightly amused when I told him I love wool socks, they keep my feet just about perfect all year long. (Here we are waiting on the rain…with none in sight. Lows around freezing highs near 60degrees F.)

Your blanket is looking great. I have not tried a 10stitch blanket yet. Perhaps a silly question…but, how do you decide when to change the color?
Can you forward the name or a link to this Tunisian pattern? That does sound very clever.

@hereami Here is a link to the pattern.

https://lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/free-crochet-patterns/tunisian-crochet-ten-stitch-blanket-free-pattern/

I am doing this as a straight up stash buster so I’m literally changing colors whenever the one in using runs out. But I think I’m going to do a couple of lapghans for the elders at Pine Ridge and change in the middle of each corner as I’ve seen some people do. You make the first half of the corner and change colors on the last pull through and then work the second half of the corner.

@happyfox74 i just figured it out from her photo tutorial since the way she worded a certain key part of the corner instructions didn’t make sense to me. I wish I had noticed there was a link to a video tutorial. Lol

That really brightened up my day! Thank you!

Good morning and happy Finished Object Friday!

yesterday I finished a practice block of my newest quilt. I’m in need for one for my new bed. The dragon one isn’t large enough.

anyway - I dove into my scrap bucket and pulled fabric out to make this block.

I also burned myself the other day. Dropped a mini iron on my hand.

I guess that isn’t an FO though. That’s ok any picture will do

2B6D3939-DA39-401F-80CC-B5ED09C23962.jpeg

A08468CB-5164-4DDA-A714-763B44FD2839.jpeg

Ouch @Char Hope you heal quickly.
Your block looks lovely. Sorry the awesome dragon blanket isn’t big enough.

I don’t have a picture…but am working on a few wips. I made it thru looking at yarn online and a trip to the local big craft store without buying anything this week. Started a new project, then I started looking at people projects and thinking I need to start that one.

Perhaps, I will be able to focus better later today. Or not…lol. Maybe this is my week to feel like a kid in a candy store. :rolleyes:

@KnitsWithHorses - a wonderful aloe plant it helping nicely. No blisters so far. :slight_smile:

Oh - and lidocaine for the pain.

I felt like celebrating today. I treated myself to a trip to one of my LYS. I purchased these three skeins half price. (800yds each)
My first thought is maybe a wrap for spring and summer. I am open to suggestions.
I am also going to look through my stash and see if there are three skeins I want to give away. I am trying to control my yarn stash this year. If I want something new, something has to go, or be used up already. (Wish me luck…lol)

green yarn.jpg