December 2023 Chatter

I don’t know about you all, but I am ready for some holiday joy. Lights, photos, projects. Silly hats, awesome sweaters. I am ready.

Hoping you all have a great December and looking forward to seeing anything you are willing to share.

4 Likes

I’m nearly in the spirit… Not ready for the cold, and really not dreaming of a white Christmas… Otherwise, I’m there.

1 Like

We got a dusting of snow last night. Thankfully it all melted by noon. although I am looking forward to the joy my kids will have with their first real snowy winter. I just dont want to drive in it.

2 Likes

Finished the beaded lavender I’d started a few months ago.

7 Likes

I have just finished my kids teachers gifts these were a quick weekend knit.

7 Likes

we weren’t prepared for the snow to stay - but with -15C today it’s not going anywhere - forecast for this week is from -4C to -8C

5 Likes

wow you got alot!

1 Like

How come I don’t see any snow angels? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Local-ish Christmas tree lighting and town parade was wonderful again this year. We had all sorts of groups in the parade. Emergency responders, farmers, lowriders, other car clubs, just about every school group and community group you can think of. And of course…Santa and Mrs. Clause. The weather was clear and only a bit cold so there was a very large crowd.

My joints are not as young as they used to be. So crafting is going slower this week. Any helpful remedies for hand joint health? I do find that applying heat helps.

4 Likes

I’ve been kind of absent recently but I promise I am still around! My oldest’s wife suddenly decided that she wanted to not be married anymore, so he has moved back in with me and my brother. Unfortunately, the only unoccupied room is my mother’s old room which is still packed full of her stuff, even though she passed 9 years ago. She was a hoarder and we’ve been focusing on the other areas of the house, leaving her room until last. Well, now this room is not only the last room to go through, it is badly needed because my poor son is sleeping on the living room couch! Aside from going through the room, we all got sick right around Thanksgiving so I’ve just been out of it! I will probably still be somewhat absent for a while, but we found something yesterday that I simply had to share with y’all! These knitting and crochet pattern booklets are all from the 1940s or earlier. Two don’t have dates anywhere but I wouldn’t think either is newer than about 1941. Two have dates of 1937 and 1935, but the oldest is dated 1919! They are in surprisingly good shape, considering they’ve just been in my mom’s closet for who knows how long and are 80 to 104 years old! I have hardly looked through them (half because I’m afraid to touch them too much lest they fall apart in my hands!) but I have put them into a safe place and will go through them further after the room is cleared out, but I thought y’all would like to see the pics.

5 Likes

It’s beautiful. I’m hoping we have snow for Christmas when my grandson visits.

1 Like

Those are amazing. I wonder if there are any museums with knitting and crocheting exhibits that would be interested in them.

4 Likes

@Nyssareen Those are amazing. I do hope things settle down over there for you very soon.

I won’t be available again for the zoom call. Not only because of family commitments, and errands but…my Father in law went to the hospital for chest pain and a very low pulse (like 32 or something). After arguing with his regular doctor and refusing an ambulance he drove himself to the closest hospital. Yes…he is stubborn enough that he drove himself and they ended up transferring him to Boise for a pacemaker. He will get that today. Family drama of course ensued.

When a family text message info chain was finally made. They left out their own sister, and all the spouses. Then one man said he wouldn’t participate in the family chain because the govt was going thru all text messages and storing them somewhere. And he didn’t want to participate in the govt knowing about the fathers health info.
ok…so lets say that is true. The elderly man is a Veteran, is getting health care from both civilian and VA healthcare. If the govt was paying any attention to him…they already know his health history and where he currently is located. No need to panic and such… the info was already available before the text message info chain got started. and using some top secret text messaging service is not going to hide you any better than a regular ol account. If anything I think it puts you in a higher ‘read now’ category.
It’s just Silly and very sad.
I might just go look for a kitten today. If I find a male…I might name him “Clarence”. (The angel who won his wings in It’s A Wonderful Life. )

4 Likes

Yikes - family drama taken to a new level!

1 Like

Not a very merry Christmas beginning! I do hope the drama calms down and your FIL recovers well. And that you get a Clarence, I would love a kitten named Clarence.

Wow!that looks so real! I thought it was a photo of real lavendar at first!:clap:

3 Likes

These are so cool! and they look to be in amazingly good shape.
The lady on the Clarks crochet neckwear pamphlet looks a lot like Olivia de Havilland.
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

im sorry about your FIL and the family drama. A wonderful life is one of my households favorite Christmas movies.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I love this. Perfect timing for a cozy sweater.
How long did it take you to complete it?

1 Like