December 2023 Chatter

I went to the local animal shelter and they had this little guy. about 8 weeks old and not even 2 lbs.
Because he is too little, I am fostering him for a couple of weeks. Then I will bring him back so they can fix him and I will do the paperwork and pay for him. (max payment would be under $100)
(a foster to own kind of program)

10 Likes

He is adorable! And you are giving him a forever home for Christmas - the best gift he could have.

1 Like

Thanks!
Knitting took me from Feb 26-nov 4, but I didn’t work on it much during the summer.

1 Like

He’s sooo cute!

2 Likes

Oh, what a sweet baby! We adopted two little 3-month-old kittens back in July that were only a little bigger than him. They have gotten so big since! I hope he is as happy with his new home as our kitties are with theirs. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Clarence I presume? He is adorable! And looks like he likes his new mom. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SWEET!

1 Like

Go Pack Go

6 Likes

That looks warm and cozy and perfect for game days. Did you design it yourself? I am not good enough with cabling yet to know what sort those are.

1 Like

So happy looking! I like the texture stripes!

1 Like

Looks like brioche? Great job!

1 Like

I’ve been a bit under the weather this last week and kinda on bed rest. So, have been watching all sorts of Christmas movies. Some I am seeing for the first time. Some I haven’t seen in years. I’m saving the favorites for closer to Christmas. Here are some I watched this week.
~Scrooge with Patrick Stewart
~Elf (it’s the movies 20th anniversary)
~Santa Clause with Tim Allen
~Polar Express
We have already made a suet pudding, but plan on making another one. (My hubby said he had to test out the recipe) :wink: It’s a family recipe from his grandma. He’s made it for years.

When I am feeling better, I want to make some cookies and learn how to make pretzels with sea salt.
What are you all up to?

2 Likes

My oldest suddenly had to move back in with us a little while ago and we’ve been frantically trying to rearrange stuff so he can get into a room and off the living room couch. My mom’s old room is the only unoccupied bedroom, but it still has all her old stuff that we haven’t gotten to yet. So we’ve been going through it all and deciding what needs to be kept, what goes to the thrift store, and what is just garbage. There is a LOT of stuff so I have been working at least 2-3 hours a day for the past month going through stuff, sometimes with help, sometimes on my own. I don’t have a job, so I have the most time on my hands to do it. Other than that, I’ve been working on knitting a Celestine to be my gift for our annual family Christmas party gift exchange. I usually have the TV on while I’m working so I’ve watched a LOT of Christmas movies. Most have been the standard Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movies, but there are also wonderful favorites. I love the Patrick Stewart Christmas Carol (1999) and the George C. Scott version (1984), but my favorite is the Muppets Christmas Carol (1992). I also ADORE Scrooged with Bill Murray (1988) and An American Christmas Carol (1979) with Henry Winkler (Fonzie from Happy Days) is also really good. There is also one called The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017) that is about Dickens while he wrote A Christmas Carol and it is excellent. And a couple of very creative reworkings of the story called Chasing Christmas (2005) and It’s Christmas, Carol (2012) both of which are quite good. Other than Christmas Carol I love Miracle on 34th Street (1947), White Christmas (1954), The Shop Around the Corner (1940), Christmas with the Kranks (2004), Jingle all the Way (1996), and of course, Die Hard (1988). I use a site called Letterboxd to keep track of what I watch and what my thoughts on it are. It is a sort of social media site but you can only post reviews of movies or comment on other people’s reviews so it has a much more narrow focus than most social media. I will include the link to my Holiday Movies list there if anyone is interested, you shouldn’t need to have an account to see the list.

2 Likes

Oh, PURR. Our Sisawat had complete classic Siamese markings when she was little, and she continued darkening into a dark grey cat with a slightly lighter mask as she grew up…and I loved her anyway. And so did her Purrmanent Family.

4 Likes

Oh yes! And knitting with skinny yarn should make us skinnier!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I have some that are that old, but not those.

I reviewed “Blocked” (#6) as a holiday book on priscillaking.blogspot.com. Love it!

3 Likes

I just read your review, thank you very much for pointing it out to me and I will have to pass it along to the editor! Just so you know, we would LOVE to have some sweater patterns (ANY patterns, really!), but we can only go on what is either submitted to us or we can manage to design ourselves. We are still working toward getting more patterns in there, so keep watching! :yarn: :tshirt: :crossed_fingers:t2: :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been playing some more with my embroidery…. I think these are a success. I did trim the tails on the back :blush:

They aren’t fixed to the blocks yet, that is my next step.

7 Likes

Those are stunning! I thought they were stained glass at first then read the post and learned they were even cooler than I thought! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you :). I am glad they look like they should!

4 Likes